“Nice and convenient for a 1 night stay.”

Delago Motel Apartments
Delago Motel Apartments
Ranked #126 of 144 Hotels in Christchurch
New Delhi, India
“Nice and convenient for a 1 night stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed at the Delago for one night on our way out of the country after a 12 day South island stint. It was clean, convenient and the staff was helpful in checking us in and giving us directions for places to go to. It's a short drive from all the central locations and would recommend to others.

Though we got free wifi, it was really really slow. But compared to a lot of other places where you have to pay for wifi, I wouldn't complain too much.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 5haleen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night as needed to stay near the CBD. Location is great with lots of great bars and restaurants close by. The motel was really good - rooms were clean, spacious and had everything that I wanted for my short stay. Great comfortable beds. A slight downside was the small sized flat screen TV. Great value as I booked direct from their website. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I cant comment on the actual stay as we booked this motel for friends of friends for 2 nights. I made the booking through Booking.com. I was surprised to see that I had been charged for 1 night when the booking was made through Booking.com and 1 night was charged on departure.
I queried this and was told by the owner that this was Booking.com policy. I have stayed in numerous motels/hotels and have always paid full price on departure.
The couple that stayed here were very happy with the motel. I have had to talk to the motel to get the charges sorted out and have found the staff to be very helpful and have requested copies of receipts etc and this has been done very promptly. My only critic is I found some of staff on the phone very hard to understand and I think they thought the same of me.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank scooby1961
Ludhiana, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Its misleading as it said a Two room set with one spa and we booked it. It turned out that it had only one Bathroom and there was a small spa in it. The second room was tiny and the Bedd covered it all There was barely space to walk. It had a very tight outdoor parking space and had to walk in the rain to go to the room. A very small little place with the owners living on the G.Floor. Most of the positive reviews, I think are false

Room Tip: Donot stay here!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sandeepkler

Travellers are raving about these Christchurch hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

Room was clean, well heated and bright. Free wifi with the room and reception were always helpful. Arrived after reception was closed, and they had arranged for us to access out room and check in the following day.
Would revisit.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank SarzieF
Auckland New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

This is a pleasant Motel with very helpful owners. ( note) the motel has just been sold.
I stayed the first night in a 2 bed unit upstairs and the last 2 in a studio upstairs.
The reason I changed was the incessant road noise as the motel is situated on the very busy Papanui Rd close to the major intersection with Bealy Ave. I was given a room 3 doors back. It was definitely better, but you are aware of the constant drone and I could not open my windows due to this.
The location is excellent with a short walk to convenience shops ,a few cafes and best of all Hagley Park.
I'm afraid another complaint would be the very hard and uncomfortable beds ( both rooms)
I would hope the new owners realise its time to upgrade those mattresses which I guess have been there since the build.

Due to the almost total lack of available accommodation in Christchurch you will find you have very little choice in what was once the mid range of accommodation but now with the prices hiked due to the rebuild and lack of anywhere to stay you are at a total disadvantage.

Two years ago I would have politely moved somewhere else for my last 2 nights...there was nothing ..I did try.

The motel was spotlessly clean and as I said the owners were most helpful and a big plus the WiFi was free.

Room Tip: Downstairs at the very back,away from the road noise
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MiddleEarthKiwi
Hobart
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

Beautifully neat and clean, excellent facilities and kind hosts. 20 minute flat walk into town. but regular buses if don't want to walk. Excellent value for money, would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends