Review of The Cup

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My brother and I dined here recently for breakfast. We both got the big breakfasts, however we noted that a few tables who arrived after us received their cooked meals before us. Aside from the long wait, the food was very enjoyable. Our waitress was one of the best I have ever had. She was super friendly, and enthusiastic, and I would purely go back for the service. Overall an enjoyable experience.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank mwi72

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 April 2014

• Visited April 2014
Craigavon, United Kingdom
“Reasonable food good views”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We' were tired and just went in for a quick evening meal. Food and service were ok. Some bits below standard

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank jmcgrann54
Napier, New Zealand
“views and food both amazing”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We enjoyed a delicious breakfast with stunning views over Christchurch to the Alps. Staff were friendly and welcoming. The mushrooms on sourdough one of the best breakfasts I've had for a long time. We'll be back

Visited February 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
“Fantastic food and attentive service”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I recently dined at this place, due to a Grabone Deal i purchased, what a pleasant surprise it was. We were given a nice table by the window, for 2 people. I partner chose the steak and i chose the chicken dish. The steak was cooked to perfection and my chicken had a wonderful flavour and the sauce was great as well, nice and thick and creamy and packed with flavour.

Our waitress was very attentive and regularly topped up our glasses for us, as we had ordered some sparkling wine which they kept in the fridge for us, due to them not having an ice bucket. This is my only negative comment,

My partner ordered the crumble for dessert with ice cream, which was excellent and the ice cream was really good and really flavoursome.

The manager came over at the end of our meal, and asked us how our meal was, we were delighted to tell her it was really lovely, and one of the nicest meals we have had in Christchurch, and we dine out every weekend.

Would not hesitate to go back again, and try some of the the dishes. Hope to maybe see some specials on the menu next time.

Well done Cup Cafe, this is not a regular cafe at all.

• Visited January 2014