“Decidedly average”

Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Occupying a sun drenched spot at The Palms Mall in Shirley, the Fox & Ferret is a modern gastro pub offering a wide selection of mouth watering light & main meals to suit all tastes, including the world famous Stonegrill menu and legendary sharing platters. We pride ourselves on offering some of the finest local and imported ales and head down on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday night for live music and entertainment.
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Food is OK here and so were the drinks but the table was overly sticky which had an adverse affect on our dining experience. Staff were good but I'm unlikely to return.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Never disappoints, love the stone grill and staff are always friendly and efficient. Great entertainment, and good place to go to watch rugby or for a meal before movies

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Walked in looking for a table for four was greeted by a rude Waiter/Matrie D who actually said "Well are you going to eat here or not" Was a bit shocked by this repsonse,As it was late had no choice but to dine here.Ordered steak, Instead of a piece of steak it was cut up into little pieces of multiple steaks.Pretty poor as the poor customer service set the tone for the whole evening

Frenzigroup, Manager at Fox & Ferret Public Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Hi Monty,
We sincerely apologise for the service you received here at the Fox and Ferret Shirley, this is definitely not the way you should have been greeted and we are sorry that it spoiled your visit. I'd like to be able to follow up with you about when you were in so that I can work out which staff members were working at the time and investigate this properly. I would really appreciate it if you could email me at palms@foxandferret.co.nz so that I can get to the bottom of what happened.
Manager
Fox and Ferret: The Palms

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Dined here on a lunch time, ordered the Cajun chicken and my friend had the Caesar salad.

They arrived promptly and the service was very good, but the food lacked flavour and was just OK.

Wont hurry back

1  Thank Louise_H46H
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Need new staff, have never experienced anything like it! Horrible service. Asked to speak with a manager and they refused to give a name and laughed in face. Food was ok but the service was poor

Frenzigroup, General Manager at Fox & Ferret Public Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Hi June,
I am extremely disappointed to read this feedback and very concerned that we have a staff member on board who treated you like this. Offering great service at the Fox & Ferret is a priority for us and not only should you have received this, you should have also been given the manager's name when you requested it.

I am very motivated to get to the bottom of this and find out who served you and wondered if you could email me at palms@foxandferret.co.nz with information on when you dined with us and what you ate so that I can track your order and talk to the staff responsible. I would also really like the opportunity to make this up to you.

I sincerely apologise that you had such a poor experience with us and do hope to hear from you soon
Kind regards