“Lunch catch up with a friend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ground Floor Cafe
Ranked #119 of 956 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Christchurch
“Lunch catch up with a friend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Loved the decor. The staff were very attentive without being overwelming. We both had a berry smoothy and BLAT - bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato on toasted ciabata bread served with fries. For lunch the meal was huge and we could not finish it. Loved the atmosphere - so relaxed.
Lots of corporate people dining. Will go back again possibly for breakfast with my hubby. Have heard that the eggs benedict and very popular.

• Visited May 2014

Tauranga, New Zealand
“Best Lambs Fry and Bacon Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

When I entered the Ground Floor Café and saw it was so busy my first thought was to try to find somewhere else to have breakfast. I am glad I didn't. They did have a large group to attend too but despite this the wait wasn't too long. And the waitress had explained right from the outset that my coffee might take a little longer.
I seldom see lambs fry on a menu and agree that it isn't everybody's favourite. But I had to try it and sincerely believe it is the best lambs fry and bacon I have ever tasted. The sprinkling of spring onions added to the flavour. Of course there was a good selection of other breakfast options to please anybody.
The service was friendly and fairly prompt so I was quite satisfied. I will add GFC to my list of "good places" to eat in Christchurch.

• Visited April 2014
Woolacombe
“Lovely pancakes, Yummy porridge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

We had breakfast here a few weeks ago. It was really good and sustained us for the whole day. The tea and coffee were excellent and we had the best pancakes of the holiday. My friend said her porridge was really good too but huge! Thoroughly recommend it.

• Visited February 2014
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Great Coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Yummy treats here, we had a fab breakfast here, great coffee, nice surroundings and a great treasure hunt to find toilets...which were lovely and clean....an absolute must for me! Seems to be the place to be seen as it was packed, thanks GFC

Visited October 2013
New Zealand
“Brilliant Breakfast and coffee!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Ground Floor Café is superb with a quality breakfast menu available. The service and quality is first rate and I would certainly not hesitate to recommend them.

Visited March 2014