“Excellent brunch” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ground Floor Cafe
Ranked #119 of 952 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

There nothing better than an awesome brunch on a cold winters morning in Christchurch.
Ground Floor Cafe does amazing brunch, the best we have had in years. The focaccia stack with chutney bacon has brown and poached egg topped with a perfectly made hollandaise. The coffee is well know as being excellent too.

• Visited July 2014

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Great Coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Met up with our daughter for coffee. I restrict myself to one coffee a day and I do enjoy good coffee so I was delighted to visit Ground Floor Cafe. We also had our dog with us and were allowed to sit her in the corner of the outside seating. They even bought her a bowl of water. My daughter had the mushrooms on toast and said it was the best she had. Good atmosphere and good service.

• Visited June 2014
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Great breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

First time visit here this Sunday for breakfast. I booked a table earlier that morning and I`m so glad I did because when we arrived the place was heaving. We were welcomed and shown straight to our table. GFC is a small cafe with very quirky decor and a small outdoor seating area. I should imagine it would be lovely to sit out in the sun in summer, but if felt way too cold for this time of year. The menu has a good selection to choose from, I went for the mushrooms on toast and the other half had the breakfast focaccia and we shared a pot of tea for two. Because they were so busy we had a 15-20 minute wait for food but we were advised of this and it wasn`t a problem, it gave us time to catch up with the news in the weekend paper. When the food arrived it was lovely and hot and really tasty. I would have liked to see a few more mushrooms on my toast, but other than that, no complaints. I`m glad we discovered this place. We were going to see a movie at Riccarton Mall later that morning so it was handy being just down the road. I think we`ll definitely be back, we both had a very enjoyable breakfast.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Christchurch
“Lunch catch up with a friend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Loved the decor. The staff were very attentive without being overwelming. We both had a berry smoothy and BLAT - bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato on toasted ciabata bread served with fries. For lunch the meal was huge and we could not finish it. Loved the atmosphere - so relaxed.
Lots of corporate people dining. Will go back again possibly for breakfast with my hubby. Have heard that the eggs benedict and very popular.

• Visited May 2014
Tauranga, New Zealand
“Best Lambs Fry and Bacon Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

When I entered the Ground Floor Café and saw it was so busy my first thought was to try to find somewhere else to have breakfast. I am glad I didn't. They did have a large group to attend too but despite this the wait wasn't too long. And the waitress had explained right from the outset that my coffee might take a little longer.
I seldom see lambs fry on a menu and agree that it isn't everybody's favourite. But I had to try it and sincerely believe it is the best lambs fry and bacon I have ever tasted. The sprinkling of spring onions added to the flavour. Of course there was a good selection of other breakfast options to please anybody.
The service was friendly and fairly prompt so I was quite satisfied. I will add GFC to my list of "good places" to eat in Christchurch.

• Visited April 2014