“Too long between visits!”
Review of Ground Floor Cafe

Ground Floor Cafe
Ranked #117 of 1,006 Restaurants in Christchurch
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Too long between visits!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Had family staying from overseas for a week so decided to take them to GFC for breakfast. Hadn't been for at least 3 years and had heard ownership had changed so was a bit wary. No need to be - if anything was even better than our last visit. Will definitely not be waiting another 3 years to go back. Service was great, food fantastic and well presented, and coffees top notch. Nothing was a bother. Would recommend booking, although they didn't seem to have too much trouble fitting in walk ins on a busy Saturday morning.

• Visited July 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent brunch”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

There nothing better than an awesome brunch on a cold winters morning in Christchurch.
Ground Floor Cafe does amazing brunch, the best we have had in years. The focaccia stack with chutney bacon has brown and poached egg topped with a perfectly made hollandaise. The coffee is well know as being excellent too.

• Visited July 2014
Tauranga, New Zealand
“Great Coffee”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Met up with our daughter for coffee. I restrict myself to one coffee a day and I do enjoy good coffee so I was delighted to visit Ground Floor Cafe. We also had our dog with us and were allowed to sit her in the corner of the outside seating. They even bought her a bowl of water. My daughter had the mushrooms on toast and said it was the best she had. Good atmosphere and good service.

• Visited June 2014
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Great breakfast!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

First time visit here this Sunday for breakfast. I booked a table earlier that morning and I`m so glad I did because when we arrived the place was heaving. We were welcomed and shown straight to our table. GFC is a small cafe with very quirky decor and a small outdoor seating area. I should imagine it would be lovely to sit out in the sun in summer, but if felt way too cold for this time of year. The menu has a good selection to choose from, I went for the mushrooms on toast and the other half had the breakfast focaccia and we shared a pot of tea for two. Because they were so busy we had a 15-20 minute wait for food but we were advised of this and it wasn`t a problem, it gave us time to catch up with the news in the weekend paper. When the food arrived it was lovely and hot and really tasty. I would have liked to see a few more mushrooms on my toast, but other than that, no complaints. I`m glad we discovered this place. We were going to see a movie at Riccarton Mall later that morning so it was handy being just down the road. I think we`ll definitely be back, we both had a very enjoyable breakfast.

• Visited June 2014
Christchurch
“Lunch catch up with a friend”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Loved the decor. The staff were very attentive without being overwelming. We both had a berry smoothy and BLAT - bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato on toasted ciabata bread served with fries. For lunch the meal was huge and we could not finish it. Loved the atmosphere - so relaxed.
Lots of corporate people dining. Will go back again possibly for breakfast with my hubby. Have heard that the eggs benedict and very popular.

• Visited May 2014