“Safe bet in Christchurch..”

Pegasus Arms Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #89 of 991 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Bar, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“Safe bet in Christchurch..”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

While in Christchurch, be sure to drop in to this lovely little gastro pub, we were struggling to find somewhere to eat in the centre, but this place was recommended by concierge, so we walked by, loved the look of it, great looking pub with a buzzing Friday evening atmosphere, above average wine list and an extensive range of beers, service was spot on, very friendly attentive staff. Food was generous in portions and very tasty, cooked nicely, seasoned well, presented simply and served quickly. Couldn't really fault the experience, I would definitely eat here again.

• Korean first
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“yummy”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

went here for food on a local recommendation, as there were very few places to eat in christchurch, or so it seemed, a bit dissapointed with what was available, but when wew found this wee pub it was very good a lively clean enviroment with a seperate place to eat if you didnt want the bar area, service was pleasant and very quick, we ordered our meal and waited about 15mins which was fine and when we got the food it was excellent one of the best burgers ever eaten, served with a lovely salad and fries, but the burger was proper steakminced and handmade, wonderful...a definate go for the burger, we went back the next night too and had a chicken burger and pasta again excellent and good value, a nice touch is the bottles of water too..

• Visited November 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Cosy dining area, delicious food, and the nicest waiter I think has ever served me!”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We swung by the Pegasus Arms solely because it was the closest thing to us at 9pm, only 6 hours before we had to wake up for a flight. We were very pleasantly surprised by the cosy little dining room at the pub, complete with fireplace & candle-lit tables.

Our host, Adam, gave us a very warm welcome and a thorough explanation of the specials and a few items on the menu. He also did a good job of helping us select our wine & beer, and was good for a chat after the meal (turns out he is a fellow Liverpool FC supporter… YNWA ;)

I ordered the crumbed blue cod with chips & salad, and my girlfriend ordered the venison. Blue cod is a must-have if you're visiting New Zealand, being that it is exclusive to the area. As well as being a delicious fish, it was perfectly prepared. My girlfriend's venison was excellent too. So good that we asked for some bread at the end to clean the plate with!

The wine (a Church Road merlot) was very nice, and went well with the venison.

Cheers, we'll be back one day!

• Visited September 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Huge, delicious portions”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We dined at the Pegasus Arms at the recommendation of our B&B hostess (Orari Bed & Breakfast). My husband ordered the steak dinner and I ordered fish & chips. Our host was so warm and welcoming, and assisted us in choosing what local beer would complement our meals. Our only complaint (if it can be considered a complaint!) is the portions were huge! The steak was cooked exactly to order, and the fish & chips - three large pieces of fish in beer batter - was outstanding. Everyone on staff was friendly and helpful.

• Visited June 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Yum, yum & yum - I'II be back”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Late dinner at the Pegasus Arms Restaurant & Bar. Excellent, efficient & friendly service - no prompting needed. Quickly shown to our table, drinks ordered, menus delivered, specials explained & food order taken. Cosy restaurant dining rooms connected to the main bar. I ordered the Porterhouse Steak with Peppercorn sauce which came with sides of chips and salad. The steak was cooked perfectly and the peppercorn sauce was delicious. The chips were satisfying. The salad was drenched in a spicy creamy mayonnaise - I don't normally like dressing of any sort and it was really drenched (they could have cut back on the dressing), but I couldn't stop eating it as it was sooo yummy. A very satisfying meal, in pleasant surroundings with efficient service. My dinner guests were very satisfied too with their dining experience. Very reasonably priced. Highly recommended. I will return.

• Visited March 2012