“Wonderfull” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rossendale Cafe & Restaurant
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: Cafe, European, New Zealand
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Christchurch, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderfull”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

My wife and I went to Rossendale on Friday night for a 5 coarse degustation meal.
We sat outside in a beautiful garden setting on a nice evening.
The service was great we were very well looked after even though we were the only couple outside.
The food was very well presented and wonderful flavors, as good as we have had anywhere.
We will definitely be returning.
Try it i'm sure you wont be disappointed.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank 919CarlD

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Bad food, bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

The food here was very disappointing, I ordered the big breakfast that they have. I was expecting to have a full breakfast and be full and satisfied at the end, I was wrong. the one sausage they gave me was slightly undercooked, my 2 or 3 rashers or bacon far too crispy. overall it was a rather moderate sized meal. I had a coffee with my meal which was ok, nothing special.

Over the period of time there I think we were approached once to see if we were ok for drinks, and NO ONE asked how our meals were at any stage.

Overall I was very disappointed, I will not be coming again

• Visited December 2013
South Australia, Australia
“Average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

The food was ok, but the menu was misleading... Several people ordered the salmon expecting a piece of cooked salmon. But instead got some pieces of smoked salmon - not really what you would expect for a main. Dessert was disappointing - the mess was just that, some people had blended fruit in their and others whole berries but very very very little meringue. It wasn't awful just wasn't great, and considering I never leave food, I left 1/3 of the dessert. Not really value for money though the setting it pretty it can be very loud! Staff were friendly

Visited December 2013
South Wales
“Food and wine all from the same plot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Rossendale is a Cafe & Restaurant set in beautiful country gardens just fifteen minutes from the centre of Christchurch.
The food here is very good, superbly cooked and well presented and you can enjoy it either in the indoor dining room or outdoors in an attractive garden setting. The best options are the beef or lamb dishes as Rossendale has been awarded the New Zealand Beef and Lamb Hallmark of Excellence every year since 1999.
It is also an ideal venue for a quick coffee and muffin especially if you are with cycle buddies (yes they welcome lycra here). Service is friendly and efficient. There is also free WIFI.
As they also have an adjoining vineyard, you can even sample some really good, local wines.

• Visited October 2013
Christchurch
“New cafe format”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Rossendale has converted its day time format to cafe style with separate brunch and lunch menus giving a great choice. There is also a small window with delicious looking food for eating in the cafe or takeaway. The option of indoor or outside dining is an added attraction. The speed of service is also faster than the original restaurant formula. Evening dining remains the same.

• Visited September 2013