“Simply Delicious”

Cuisines: European, Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I made a stop in this restaurant on my way to the hotel from Akaroa. There was nothing special on the menu, in my opinion. However, they serve wine cultivated from their own winery. I had 2012 Rossendale Pinot Noir. It was smooth, a bit spicy ended in flowery sensation.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

This country cafe has been operating for some years now and is still a favourite. A great ambience, in and out dining. Great staff and tasty food.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Menu has limited options and staff have limited skills. Plates were not quite clean. Despite being told we could sit outside and wait for someone to take an order we waited but nobody came, and then read a sign that indicated that orders had to be placed inside. There were no apologies and nothing special bout the food either.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Have been to this restaurant the first time a year ago and loved the food then. So I was quite exited to have a degustation 5 course meal there. Unfortunately this time, I felt that the food was quite average. The starters were nice but no wow factor, we had the venison for our main course, which was odd with the vanilla flavoured mash. Nice idea but I don't think it works with this dish as there was no flavour balance over all. The wasabi sorbet was lovely but he stand out dish was the dessert. Great black current mousse.
With the location being out of the way - this place needs better food and reliability to compete with the more interesting restaurants in the city.

1  Thank Lara M
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My wife and I went to Rossendale on Friday night for a 5 coarse degustation meal.
We sat outside in a beautiful garden setting on a nice evening.
The service was great we were very well looked after even though we were the only couple outside.
The food was very well presented and wonderful flavors, as good as we have had anywhere.
We will definitely be returning.
Try it i'm sure you wont be disappointed.

1  Thank 919CarlD