“Not your average Indian Restaurant”
Review of Two Fat Indians - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Two Fat Indians
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We don't live in Christchurch but have visited 2FI several times over the years and always been impressed with the service and most importantly the food. We lived in London for many years and could choose from a host of Indian restaurants and this one is up there with some of the best... the fish curries are particularly good (and I am not big on fish)... the choice of other curries is also good not just the same old chicken tikka and rogan josh!

1  Thank Hobbitguide

Reviewed 24 October 2010

Our meal here 22nd Oct was a disaster from beginning to end. We were told if we ordered from the banquet menu this would be a faster way to dine (we were limited on time). This was not the case. Our entrees came at different times (up to 1/2 hr gap) and we waited over an hour for our mains. Also the banquets were a rip off. You would get more food if you ordered the items individually off the menu i.e. they served one plate of entree tandoori chicken between 5 people - very stingy! The service was very poor, most of the food was left in the middle of the table and it was up to us to figure out what was what and distribute it amongst ourselves. We had to wait ages for our rice and naan while our already lukewarm curries were getting colder. We weren't even provided with knives and forks! Most people at our table of 9 requested medium curries and there was not heat whatsoever. They were also very flavourless and the naan bread was burnt.

2  Thank newbie70
Reviewed 14 March 2010

I totally deny that you are the best Indian Restaurant in town, reason being no Restaurant manager/Owner would drink at work, while the service is On. I got in the restaurant at 8:20 pm yesterday night (Saturday) that is 13th of March. I was seated with my friends next to the window, served by a very bubbly and hospitable waitress Jessica.

I started with chicken malai kabab, because if I didn't I would had been thinking about it whole time. Pardon me I'm writing my irrelevant introductory preamble and had been standing over my shoulder rumbling, "Yes, Yes, should have got it.

Menu looked pretty ordinary to me, nothing eye catching. I was surprised to see owner of the restaurant having wine and beer and working in the restaurant at the same time and yelling at his staff with using improper pronouns. I left the restaurant after finishing my lovely kebabs because it would had been very rude of me to not finish food which was on the table.

Two Fat Indians reminds me of the comment made by Iqbal Bahar, ex editor of Tandoori magazine London " Indian restaurants to miserable Guests". But I guess who cares its New Zealand.

Guardian Editor
Giles

Reviewed 28 July 2009

the takeaway was very resonably priced and tasty however partner wanted extra very hot - and got mild oh well he still ate it

we thought it was perfectly acceptable indian food and happy to pay the $85.00 NZ for 4 ppl with naans and popadams

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Tirana, Albania
Reviewed 11 May 2009

food is not bad. not that cheap... chicken vindaloo wasn´t hot enough

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook