“Absolutely stunning meal & service.... will definitely be back.”
Review of The Villas

The Villas
Ranked #41 of 1,033 Restaurants in Christchurch
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: European, Steakhouse, Cafe, New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My partner & I visited The Coffee House last Weds for dinner; have been meaning to go for ages but never got round to it! Anyway, the 'GrabOne' special gave me the kick in the pants I needed & along we went.
Loved the ambience upstairs, although I was a wee bit chilly to start with (sitting by the door) but that's the only thing I can find to nitpick about!
The service was absolutely fantastic; don't know our waiter's name but she was lovely; very attentive & genuine without being smarmy.
I had the beef fillet with the side of caramelised kumara & the red wine jus; the beef was melt in the mouth and the flavour of the jus, just stunning. He had the flintstone steak with salad, chips & garlic butter which seemed to hit the spot. For dessert I had the butternut brûlée on the waiter's recommendation..... absolutely divine. He had the sticky toffee pudding which was to die for.

Stunning, stunning food..... went to Chillingworth Rd in the past couple of months which was lovely but to me, the food here topped it. Go! You won't regret it :o)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Luckily, we were staying very close to this restaurant, so we went for both dinner and breakfast a number of times. We loved the flat whites, fruit bowl and citrus bar for breakfast. Our dinners were wonderful as well. Great service, lovely atmosphere (even though it was under construction). We cannot wait to go back once the construction is complete.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have come twice for lunch and this was our first time for dinner. The menu looks amazing which includes a nice steak menu as well. I had the vension with black pudding and risotto which was phenomenal. My wife had the fish of the day, grouper, with polenta. Both were amazing. For dessert we had the sticky date pudding and creme brulee. Ermagurd. Yes, do it. Would highly recommend here for all meals. Very friendly service.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Went to coffee house with friends. The staffs are very friendly. Ordered their lunch mains of Italian pastas of some sort. It was just vegetables and no meat. Tasted okay, not bad, but not great, and the quantity not filling. Seems like this is more of a place to meet to nibble snacks, and I can't really expect to be filled up after the meal. So I will have this place in mind if I want to meet friends up, nibble, and talk about how our lives have been up to. I wouldn't choose this place for a serious dining experience where I would expect a filling main meal.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Ate here with my husband on our first night in Christchurch. It was so local to our b&b and had good reviews. The menu was so lovely we ended up having 3 courses! Definitely eat upstairs. Beautiful wallpaper and fireplace up there. Between us we had soup of the day and the hosts cheese soufflé which both were yummy although soufflé needed more dressing. For mains we had monkfish in chilli sauce which was the special, so light and fresh and the steak. Dessert was deconstructed rhubarb tart and donuts which were divine! A really great night and happy tummy!

1  Thank Freckled_Face