“It does not deserve the name of "Denny's"”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #750 of 1,033 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Australian, International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

If you have ever been to Denny's in America, you will be extremely disappointed with this dirty, shabby, poor imatation of a restaurant. It looks dirty and doesnt look like it's been redecorated since the 70's. My husband found a fly/cockroach in his burger. Sadly, I didnt have the presence of mind to take a picture because I was so naseous. They did apologise and the owner said we didn't need to pay for the dish (!!!) The place always looks like it's closed down and I wish someone would!

2  Thank ClareyG

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I went here in December 2013 with a friend and the food was average, the best thing about my meal then was the Oreo Shake. I went here again in the new year with my partner and both of us decided we would not be going back. I ordered the chicken nibbles and nachos, the nibbles tastes like plastic and had a weird flavour I can't put my finger on. The nachos tasted about 5 days old and were dry and horrible, I had 3 heaped chips and left it. Even the coke tasted watered down. For the price we paid, we could've had a nice Italian meal at a number of places we know does excellent food, but my partner wanted the French toast that he loves from there. He was sorely disappointed when it came out as the bread was much smaller than the last time he went there and smaller than in the picture. It was also dry and stagnant.

2  Thank cflutey
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We dined in Denny's restaurant on Moorhouse Ave in Christchurch. There was a over flowing dumpster near the front entrance which didn't look welcoming. When we were seated we were given three menu's - one being a promotional menu for the Hobbit with new food. When the waitress returned for our order we asked about the soup - she had know idea and had to go and find out. When she returned to take our order was ordered the Hobbit pumpkin coffee only to be told it wasn't available - why did she give us the menu?? And there were promotional card menus on every table and posters on the walls. And the waitress was still handing out the Hobbit menus to other diners.
The meal we did order was pretty disgusting and hardly filled the plate, the coffee we did order was like dish washer and didn't resemble coffee at all.
I placed a complaint on their website only to have know reply or acknowledgement from them.
We have dined in Denny's restaurants all over America and any tourists who have dined there overseas would be sorely disappointed dining at this branch. This store is truely not good for the Denny's name!
I forgot to mention the pitiful excuse for Christmas decorations - a few balls (about three bunches) and a scabby looking tree - I would think it was hardly worth the staff getting a stool or ladder out to bother hanging them!

1  Thank Rachel1087
Reviewed 28 December 2013

While spending Christmas at our sons, his pregnant wife and our two year old grand-sons house in Christchurch ,they wanted to take me out for a family birthday 28-12-13 lunch at Denny's. We didn't need to make a booking ,so off we went. On arriving we found plenty of free car parking. Clean ,friendly waiters and waitresses', family oriented seating with highchairs and a great affordable menu. For my birthday lunch I had a T-Bone steak {cooked fully how I like it} covered with cocktail shrimps toped with holenaze sauce {so yummy } a generous serving of chips with a side bowl of fresh green salad. Not bad for $26.00 .They had children's menues'starting from $10.00 which my grandson loved {nuggets and curly fries}.Overall a lovely birthday lunch.

1  Thank Barbara R
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Had the most awful food here. We ordered a burger and chips and the turkey steak with gravy, which was terrible. The burger was tasteless and just looked like it had been chucked on the plate and the turkey was vile with luke warm gravy on it. Just the worst meal ever, and we eat out 3 times a week in Christchurch!!

Wont ever go back!!