“ghost town”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Denver, Colorado
“ghost town”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

When we were there, there were only two other people in the entire place. Food was good, but prices are still NZ high (compared to Denny's in the US). I would NOT go back- not a bad place, but not good enough to return.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank DenverTennisPlayer

• Indonesian first
“Terrible”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Had breakfast there pancakes where not cooked told the staff who took away and returned the same way could not eat left it uneaten coffee was just awful like dirty sink water have been to Dennys overseas and auckland we deserve better in christchurch appalling staff where no better than food appalling they new it was uneatable but didn't want to know

Christchurch, New Zealand
“It does not deserve the name of "Denny's"”
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

If you have ever been to Denny's in America, you will be extremely disappointed with this dirty, shabby, poor imatation of a restaurant. It looks dirty and doesnt look like it's been redecorated since the 70's. My husband found a fly/cockroach in his burger. Sadly, I didnt have the presence of mind to take a picture because I was so naseous. They did apologise and the owner said we didn't need to pay for the dish (!!!) The place always looks like it's closed down and I wish someone would!

2 Thank ClareyG
Christchurch, New Zealand
“2nd time there and never again”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I went here in December 2013 with a friend and the food was average, the best thing about my meal then was the Oreo Shake. I went here again in the new year with my partner and both of us decided we would not be going back. I ordered the chicken nibbles and nachos, the nibbles tastes like plastic and had a weird flavour I can't put my finger on. The nachos tasted about 5 days old and were dry and horrible, I had 3 heaped chips and left it. Even the coke tasted watered down. For the price we paid, we could've had a nice Italian meal at a number of places we know does excellent food, but my partner wanted the French toast that he loves from there. He was sorely disappointed when it came out as the bread was much smaller than the last time he went there and smaller than in the picture. It was also dry and stagnant.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank cflutey
Christchurch New Zealand
“Disgusting”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We dined in Denny's restaurant on Moorhouse Ave in Christchurch. There was a over flowing dumpster near the front entrance which didn't look welcoming. When we were seated we were given three menu's - one being a promotional menu for the Hobbit with new food. When the waitress returned for our order we asked about the soup - she had know idea and had to go and find out. When she returned to take our order was ordered the Hobbit pumpkin coffee only to be told it wasn't available - why did she give us the menu?? And there were promotional card menus on every table and posters on the walls. And the waitress was still handing out the Hobbit menus to other diners.
The meal we did order was pretty disgusting and hardly filled the plate, the coffee we did order was like dish washer and didn't resemble coffee at all.
I placed a complaint on their website only to have know reply or acknowledgement from them.
We have dined in Denny's restaurants all over America and any tourists who have dined there overseas would be sorely disappointed dining at this branch. This store is truely not good for the Denny's name!
I forgot to mention the pitiful excuse for Christmas decorations - a few balls (about three bunches) and a scabby looking tree - I would think it was hardly worth the staff getting a stool or ladder out to bother hanging them!

• Visited December 2013