“Calm, relaxing and comprehensive”

Christchurch Bike & WalkingTours
Rebuild Bike Tour
US$204.64*
Private Tour: Walking Tour of Christchurch
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore Christchurch city's historic sights, gardens, markets and culinary delights by bicycle. In just two hours you can pedal around the city's top attractions with a friendly local guide leading you at a relaxed pace.
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Our bike tour of Christchurch was a perfect introduction to the City. It's hard to get a sense of the earthquake damage and reconstruction efforts, but this 2 hour tour gave us a larger sense of the amazing parks and greenspaces that surround the downtown area. We highly recommend it as a way to get your bearings and see some off the beaten path sites.

2  Thank bikeinnoho

Reviewed 24 December 2012

This is such a fun way to see the city. The pace is just right: you can get out of the centre and see some of the older buildings, but also explore the CBD and restoration work. Our guide was super-knowledgeable but also fun, telling us all about her experiences during and since the earthquakes and later suggesting we try out the pop-up dance floor in the centre.

Her insight was fascinating and I'm sure I wouldn't have learned so much about the city any other way.

1  Thank bluecastle
Reviewed 26 November 2012

This was a great way to see the city. I really enjoyed that the tour guide told us about Christchurch’s rebuilding efforts. Our tour included a bit of everything, from going on a nature walk in the middle of Christchurch, to stopping by the reconstructing sites and walking around the pop up stores, to spending a decent time in the parks. I think what I loved most was that the tour guide was loyal to Christchurch and she did a great job showing us the heart of her city.

2  Thank Carolina B
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I was in Christchurch with my brother and his girlfriend, I used to live there and they were visiting from the UK so I wanted to show them some of the city up close and not through a car window. The bike tour was the perfect way to do that
Our guide Mick put on a tour for us even when they had finished up for the day and he was about to go home. He was so friendly and informative and really listened to what I wanted to show my family. He took us to places even I hadnt been to when i lived there for 6 years!
We got a beautiful Chch spring afternoon, the bikes are really easy to ride and super comfortable and being a flat city cycling is so easy. Traffic is not a problem as you only cycle on the road once and Christchurch doesnt have a lot of traffic compared to other cities anyway.
I really enjoyed showing my brother the real Christchurch this way. As we were there 7 months after the earthquake I couldnt show him the vibrant exciting city where I spent most of my 20s so this was a really good way for him to see the best side of the current city.
Being active (but leisurely) was also good when on holiday as its not often you get the chance to feel healthy when you are touring around! It definitely made the beer afterwards even more worth it!
Mick was the best host, we couldnt have asked for more. He even hooked us up with some punting on the river avon afterwards. These guys are not all about business, this is definatley something they are passionate about and its wonderful to support them, you wont regret it.

1  Thank louchum
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Really enjoyed our time in Christchurch - we were not really sure what would be open but found the bike tours - we were on their first tour since the earthquakes and it was a really great way to see all the attractions that are still untouched in the city - my highlight was the beautiful gardens our tour guide took us to and Hagley Park. We were only in town for 1/2 day and this was the perfect acitivity to see the city. We did spend some time looking at the earthquake cordon and it was really interesting too. We found the tour of great value.

2  Thank Ann S