“Can't fault ”

Price range: US$0 - US$22
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

As picky as I am this was truly great. Service a1, food great and although higher price range very good value for money. Beautiful surroundings,highly recommended.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Haven't eaten at the new premises, but the Dux has wonderful vegetables and plats du jour, with delicious desserts too and nice things to drink. It has for decades been a reliably delicious place to dine, with a slightly rakish student atmosphere.

Reviewed 13 December 2012

Must be the best food and service i have had in years. We arrived without a reservation but they showed us to an outside table and on request we were given blankets. Shared an entree of stuffed mushrooms, i had the aubergine main and my sister had the pea and halloumi fritters with a side of polenta fries. I had a side of salad and couldnt eat it as too much food. You couldnt fault any of the food and the service - courteous, prompt and very attentive.

This is a must do for any Christchurch visitor but make a reservation before hand. I will certainly be taking all my visitors here.

Reviewed 9 December 2012 via mobile

Recently holidayed in new Zealand and came across this restaurant by accident.wow, we were impressed.the food was second to none with so many good flavours going on.the staff were so attentive with a good knowledge of the menu and had plenty of time to chat.the overall atmosphere in the restaurant was relaxed but it was still classy.if it wasn't for the fact that I live in the UK I would be visiting this restaurant often!

Reviewed 8 December 2012

I was never such a fan of the old Dux but the new is something fabulous to add to our slowly developing city. The food was hard to fault, including coffee. I can thoroughly recommend the Crab for brunch, outstanding. This sort of quality I only usually enjoy in Wellington and Auckland, well done! Lots of choices for seating, sun, shade or inside with enough space between tables where you didn't feel you were sharing your meal and conversation with those beside you. The staff were faultless and attentive with an obvious pride in the new establishment. Parking wasn't so easy but the side street offered good numbers with a short walk. I'll be back!

1  Thank Live_it_every_Day