“Variable quality”
Review of Aaron Lodge Top 10

Aaron Lodge Top 10
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in a motorhome. We found the layout to be pretty and neat, with a variety of games and a decent looking playground (not that we used any of these things). The sites were reasonably small, and became quite busy towards the end of the day; we didn't find the noise to be a problem, so perhaps we were far enough away from the road for it not to bother us. The Lodge was quite difficult to find; we actually went past it once, so be vigilant when looking out for it. The bathrooms were looking a bit tired, and did not have any power points. The showers were always nice and warm, but there was no shelf on which to put anything. Overall, some parts of the Lodge were fine, whilst others could do with a bit of work. Fine for a short stay in a camper.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lukeandlisa

Reviewed 30 September 2013

The room, the living room and the kitchenette was clean and spacious. The location is great, just 10 minutes drive to the town. But the staffs are not friendly with the guest. They are not helpful when we asked to borrow the international adaptor and ask for a direction. This place is noisy because RV spots and bbq place is just next door. This place was just okay, I will stay here again if only there's no other place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I've stayed in many a top 10 and have come to expect a certain quality. This however misses the mark. The entrance was hard to spot, and the staff were rude. The price was $38 for just me and a camper. The fact it was so late was the only reason I stayed. I found better cheaper accommodation the next day. Everything was below average for a top 10 and with the price you would think you should be getting 5 star facilities but both the shower and kitchen block were poorly equipped. I was very disappointed with this place. There was traffic noise but I sleep quite well as live in a city back in the UK. It's a good walking distance into Dunedin, and there is a few shops near by for supplies but that's it only redeeming feature.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Took my wife and Grandson and used Top 10 as had brilliant stays around New Zealand but sorry Dunedin has missed its mark, Access is not only hard to find at night but I feel very dangerous,stayed in a motel unit which was very clean but seemed it has not been fully furnished for the monies you pay,$163(2 adults 1 child) Could have stayed in a motel with at least a lounge suite instead of sitting on 3 kitchen chairs to watch TV.Noise was a problem as well with booking office oppisite and campervans coming and going along with traffic noise very bad and coming from Christchurch every time a heavy truck went past waited for a shake.My fault for not checking it out but arrived late and was going by past experiences with other TOP 10 which I cannot fault so do not go past Kia Koura/Picton/Wellington Top 10

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We have stayed at a number of Top 10 holiday parks and I've thought they were great.
This one isn't up to the same standard.
We stayed in a basic cabin. There are 8 of them at the back of the park. There is one mens toilet, one womens toilet, 2 showers and a kitchen with a table and 2 chairs. This seems a bit crazy when the basic cabins alone can sleep 24 people! Ther were 3 cabins in use the night we stayed (including ours) and the fridge was full already when we turned up. I can't imagine what it must be like when they're busy.
We went to have our showers at 09.40 (check out is 10.00) and the cleaner had already taken down the shower curtains! It's like being in Communist east Europe.
Pretty poor compared to other Top 10s.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anon450
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We booked a cosy kiwi for two nights, but what the website photos don't show is that they are right on the corner of the intersection of two busy roads and our one was the closest to the road and very very noisy. For the first time ever when travelling, we decided to change rooms and asked about one of the motel units that were opposite. My husband asked to view it first and the room stank of urine. we went back to the desk and said we would sadly take noise over urine, and were shown another unit next door, which had a slightly musty smell but was more bearable. The unit was a decent size but the heater was very noisy and would kick in throughout the night constantly waking us. A few little things like net curtains (motel rooms are very exposed with windows on both sides) and lamps would have made life easier. trying to get a small child to sleep with overhead spot lights on is not ideal, but the lamp over the bed didn't work and there was no other lighting to work with. We also had to pay another $39 per night, so $163 per night for a motel room which seems poor value compared to other places we have stayed. If we had not paid in advance, we would have left. I think the facilities are actually quite good, pool, games room, TV room etc and we only tried top ten because our friends had raved about other ones. Probably good value for a large family on a tight budget, but with only one child, I think we will stick to motels instead and stay closer to the town centre.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Pip_1973
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Stay in Aaron Lodge Top 10 Holiday Park for 1 night. Not easy to find for first timer, I missed the turn 2 times cause the entrance is rather small (Just nice for an 4 beth Campervan) The price is not cheap (SGD 68 for 2 Adult and 2 kids - 1 is infant) The price generally is clean - Kitchen, Toilet and Family Room. Nice Family room for kids to bath with Bath Tub, there is also a heated Pool for my elder daughter to swim a short while. Too bad from Powered Site to all area are without shelter but this is quote common in NZ. Kitchen are big but nearer to powered site only has 1 table and 4 chair which is rather pathetic. Maybe because they expect you to have meal in your campervan? One complain is the kitchen sink tap is very pathetic, unable to wash a plate properly cause the sprout is too short!

The toilet are clean but there is no heater ... or the heater is spolit/unable to switch on (Male toilet). So .. you have to quickly shower and get out of that place FAST during the colder season.

One last thing, the parking area for the Powered site is very small/compact. I wonder if every Campervan is parked. How to get out of the place? Cause the turning radius of RV/Campervan are quite wide and the lane is very small. Between vehicle space is also small and funny the pathway dont link to the kitchen straight as it is blocked by a low barricade. Need to hop across it which is rather inconvenient.

Overall experience is above average but not exactly the best I stay so far.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family