“I think I went to a wrong top10 holiday park. Very disappointed ”
Review of Aaron Lodge Top 10

Aaron Lodge Top 10
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights for a power site. I shouldn't paying for three nights from the first day I check in. For the power site is not user friendly for tent.(they only setup for motorhome) But... For the tent site(non power site) also no good for tent as well. I find that is very hard to dig my tent peg in.. After that I find out everything was below average for a top 10 and with the price you would think you should be getting 5 star facilities but both the shower and kitchen block and were poorly equipped, old and dirty. I am very sorry to say that. It should drop the garde to below 3 start.... Never stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sharon-Hugh
There are newer reviews for Aaron Lodge Top 10

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were going to stay for 2 nights but found so much to do in Dunedin we made it 3 nights. Aaron Lodge was nice, clean, the motel was serviced each day with clean towels and the supplies top up as all also the staff were all so friendly. There was no trouble for the office staff to look into anything we wanted. Would stay there again if we ever get down that far.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Philip N
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Whilst the setting was lovely and our unit was adequate for our needs, the cleaning of the bathroom could have been better. Others in our group were disappointed that they were put in a unit right next to the road (which was very busy and noisy) even though they had booked six months ago. Would not choose to stay here again. Only booked it because it was part of the Top Ten chain of motor camps,

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Scottish Dancers NZ
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The plus point was the unpowered site was tucked away with a position on the hill above the rest of the site. Made for a bit of peace and quiet. The not so good point was the bathrooms were the dirtiest I encountered on our 3 weeks in New Zealand. In the evening I went to use the toilet and all but one had dirty toilet seats. Not nice! Someone should be periodically checking the facilities and cleaning them if necessary.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen H
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We were also one of the unlucky people who got room 41 - right on the roadside & it was terribly noisy all night long.
This should be where the reception is located - it is not fair to charge anyone to stay in this room. We paid $157 for a night (i booked in advance) I got barely any sleep & had hours of driving ahead of me the next day. The women who were there when i checked in were more interested in talking to each other than being welcoming to guests - not very friendly.
The rooms were spacious but ours did not have a couch, just a big bare space which was weird. Everything in one big empty looking room. Shower pressure was good though & the place was very clean. I really hope that someone see's the comments about the roadside rooms & takes a hint! It is terrible when you just want/need some sleep.

Room Tip: Refuse the roadside rooms if they try to give you one. Unless you are absolutely deaf you will be up...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GandTHamilton
Reviewed 17 April 2014

On a 13 day tour of the South island our group had been using Top Ten Holiday parks. This was the dearest one for a motel unit with ensuite and when we booked in October last year also had to pay for the one night. To my surprise I found our unit No 41 right next to the busy street which was all night. I asked in the morning why we had been put there when others in our group had booked later and were given a unit further out the back. That was the only one available and quite standoffish when I said why were we giventhat unit, I would have thought this unit would have been available as a last resort when someone was coming in late. Was told no one else complains but I can see that this is not the case. The ensuite was good but the room itself was noisy, and had an unpleasant smell. Would not stay here again,customer service needs improving.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 41 and 46 unless you like noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Not a bad part of town if your on foot and a mountain goat. It's a very hilly part of Dunedin( which part isn't) but we did walk into the Octagon from the van park. It probably took us 40 mins. But it is achievable.
Reception not too warm and friendly like every other Top 10, but efficient and informative. Found our spot in the powered section and went into town. Dunedin is just lovely, old world meets commercialism. Down to the railway station, worth the look, then back up to the Octagon for a beer tasting overlooking the cathedral. Stayed on for a light dinner, then hit the hills for the walk home. Done! Next day went to Larnach Castle, also a must! Such terrific scenery.

Room Tip: It's a little older than some Top 10, but clean and good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple