“Great Vibes”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I am from Auckland and recently came down to Dunedin for work. One of my friends recommended this place to me and I was blown away. Im not sure whats going on below with all the negative comments but this cafe definitely lived up to my local in Auckland. Was also super stoked to see children in there loving the atmosphere with toys available and super friendly staff catering to everyones needs! Oh and the coffee and food was excellent, keep that High 5 stack and cinnamon swirls coming! Delicious!

1  Thank Davidgreen121
There are newer reviews for The Perc Cafe

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We bought our family of 5 here for lunch over the school holidays and the atmosphere was great! Friendly staff, delicious food and a well stocked toy box that kept the kids occupied while we ate our curly fries and cupcakes. Would recommend to any travelling family.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

What a place! Great service, excellent food and all round inviting atmosphere.

Was a bit disappointed in the young lady who I believe was the owner working there at the time. You could tell her staff looked uneasy as the tipped towed around making sure everything they were doing was to her expectations but pat yourself on the back staff because I was impressed with your customer service and abilities to do an amazing job in such a fast demanding environment!

Would definitely go there again.

1  Thank Dunedinite2014
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Made a visit on our recent trip to Dunedin and have to say the coffee was excellent but was let down by the inattentive staff.

When we walked in we had trouble getting seated as a couple of scruffy looking individuals took it upon themselves to sit down and then use the surrounding seats for their foot stools. I can live with that but found it annoying that the shop staff were more interested in catching up with them and their other mates before serving other paying customers. When the coffee did arrive it was thrust in front of us with a grunt and then back to the social catch up for staff. We felt like we were impending on the staff's social get together.

Answer - we skulled our coffee down and went down the road to another Cafe that was happy to serve us with a smile and take our hard earned money. Its a shame and I would suggest the staff need a rev up. They are getting paid to serve customers aren't they ? - P.S tell your mates to move their dirty shoes off the seats so I can sit down next time. Sorry Perk a bit of a let down to be fair.

1  Thank Keith655
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Came here for a morning coffee with a view to having breakfast. Dismissive staff and only cakes on display, so none the wiser about other food offered.

2  Thank stalkercat