“Superb stay.....again.”

George Street Motel Apartments
Ranked #33 of 61 Hotels in Dunedin
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Our second time here, same friendly efficient service, spotlessly clean, comfortable, and really like the further updates with the new bedding, curtains, and Art. Such a great location, and very well priced all things considered. Thanks again for the complimentary breakfast, extra bread for toast was appreciated. Will most certainly stay again when next in Dunedin.

Room Tip: All one bedroom Suites appear identical, we prefer top floor for the view and quieter. Had a look th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
FarrysMotel, Manager at George Street Motel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Thank you for staying with us again, its always pleasing to see return Guests. Lovely to hear you like our further improvements, there will be even more when you stay next time. I will pass on your comments to all our Staff. Wishing you Safe travels.

There are newer reviews for George Street Motel Apartments

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stayed here in June and was pretty happy with most facilities, especially the heating.
Like other reviewers have pointed out, the staff were amazing and were eager to help.

Free breakfast is only for the first day, just in case you are expecting it everyday.

The only problem we had was with the shower. While it is great in terms of pressure which others have commented on, water quickly formed a pool and one needed to wait for a while before washing feet and walking out. Not sure if this was a problem with just ours!

Room Tip: Upstairs will have better views
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank melblore
FarrysMotel, Manager at George Street Motel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

On behalf of the Team at Farrys, thanks for your review.
It is good to see that our efforts to upgrade the "Farry" experience are working - improved Wi-Fi, new Tv's, the external look and more recently, the internals.
Your comment on our showers has alerted us and we have tried some tweaks to solve this issue!
Certainly our central heating and mini continental breakfast on your first night set us apart.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

From the moment we arrived at Farry's we felt welcome and 'important'. The motellier showed us to our unit, explained how to use the tv remotes (of which there were several), how to operate the heating etc. We even had a choice of the type of milk and bread we had in our room - full cream or trim, white or wholemeal. Fantastic place. The rooms were spotless - the stainless steel kitchen bench was blindingly dazzling and sparkly clean. (I want to know how they do it! - please dont tell me its just elbow grease). Although we had a rental car we left it parked and walked everywhere - very handy to town and to the university.
I cannot speak highly enough of this motel and I will definitely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: We were given an upstairs room at the back - this is away from George Street so possibly quieter tha...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SH4RRY
FarrysMotel, Manager at George Street Motel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

On behalf of the team, thank you for your great review.
We work hard to provide a great service and keep our Apartments looking great. We are prepared to share our cleaning secrets to our guests on a one to one basis, so give us a ring.
Since the change of ownweship in August 2012, we are progressively making upgrades across the complex.
We invite readers to give us a try!

Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Absolutely immaculately clean & perfectly comfortable - motel is pretty dated but it's value for money - we only paid $140 for a night. Location is great - 2 mins from CBD & university. You get what you pay for & we would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013
FarrysMotel, Manager at George Street Motel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Hello, thank you staying with us recently. The Motel changed owners last year, since then numerous improvements have been made. Which is ongoing, to date a complete exterior upgrade, new LED Tvs in the Lounge and bedrooms, some furniture, fabrics, curtains, upgraded towels, consumables and Bathroom products, fabrics, Art, introduced free mini continental breakfasts, free upgraded Wi-Fi, new decor bedcovers arriving next month. We pride ourselves on having satisfied Guests and offering excellent value for money in warm spacious Apartments, in an outstanding location, with legendary central heating for your comfort. We hope to see you again in the future when you will see more improvements.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

What a great little find this place was, centrally located this motel offered me everything I needed for my one night stay. The welcome I received was warm, I was offered a choice of milk and bread for my breakfast (didn't know I was getting that). I arrived on a chilly autumn evening and my room had been kept warm, I was thrilled. The room is decorated in a modern style and had everything I needed. The bed was very comfortable, the shower had great water pressure and endless hot water. When I went to the office the next morning I was greeted by name. This place exceeded my expectations and I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
FarrysMotel, Manager at George Street Motel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Hello, thank you very much for taking the time to write a superb review for our Motel/Apartments. We are all pleased you enjoyed here. The Motel changed ownership last August, there have been many changes and upgrades in general since, with more to come. Yes our location is second to none, our Central Heating is truely legendary!. We strive to exceed expectations. Looking forward to seeing you again when next in our lovely city. Safe travels.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

Wanting a couple of nights to stay in Dunedin visiting relatives, the central location of Farry's attracted me, especially when I found a good rate through Wotif. But I got much more than that - a friendly attentive welcome, a quite and comfortable studio unit and complimentary continental breakfast for the first night that lasted for two. I enjoyed my stay here, and will certainly stay at Farry's next time I am in Dunedin.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
FarrysMotel, Manager at George Street Motel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your great review, we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed our Superior Studio Suite. We do try hard to excede Guest expectations. And Yes it is ideal for privacy in a quiet garden setting. We began the free complementary mini continental breakfast a few months ago, they have certainly proven to be popular, saves going out to a cafe or bringing breakfast with you. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

Stayed here for three nights. Great location for walking to restaurants and shops etc. It is subject to traffic and street noise which we encountered on the Saturday night but the Sunday and Monday nights weren't so bad. Rooms are clean with pleasant decor. We were on the top floor so it was nice to be elevated with a bit of a view from the common walkway verandah balcony. There is plenty of free parking. The moteliers were helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
FarrysMotel, Manager at George Street Motel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thank you for your review. Yes the location is superb. We hope to see you again in the future, all the best with your travels.