“great place”

GreenLeadersGold level
Riverton, New Zealand
“great place”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Stay at best western often. Great place great staff always friendly. great accommodation as well. The beds are excellent as well. so close to the city, easy to find as well. I always stay there on business, couldn't think of staying anywhere else have been doing this for over 4 years now.

Room Tip: All rooms are of good quality
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
555Bayview, Owner at Best Western 555 On Bayview, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Hi Lydia M, thanks for great review. Its nice to have repeat guests telling us how much they like staying with us here in Dunedin, we really appreciate the support to our business. We look forward to your next stay. Kind Regards Sue & Richard Hanning

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Hansen
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Lovely place to stay and easy to find. Owners and staff very helpful.The room was very comfortable with a wonderful shower and super king bed. Close to shopping and food outlets and a supermarket close by and for the men plenty of car sales to go and look at while filling in time .Will certainly be staying there again

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
555Bayview, Manager at Best Western 555 On Bayview, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Thank you for your kind review, we are pleased you enjoyed our Sealy super King Beds, lots of people have told us that they feel very refreshed after a nights sleep here. We look forward to being of help with accommodation when you next return to Dunedin.
Kind Regards Sue & Richard Hanning
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I travel to Dunedin regularly, and my first choice is Best Western 555.

Rooms are exceptionally clean and warm.

I can always get a free park at my door.

I can always get milk, paper, breakfast and dvd, at a time that suits me.

The staff are NOT annoying and leave you in peace, yet still offer excellent customer service.

Restaurants, groceries, fast food and service station in walking distance (literally across the road)

FREE unlimited internet.

Big showers!!!!

Big beds, that are extremely comfortable.

During my last stay, I was working late, and Dunedin can get extremely cold, the lovely hosts had turned my heater in the room on, so I didn't have to come back to a cold room....seriously that is thoughtful (Trust me, it would have been a cold night otherwise)

Love love love staying at the Best Western, as I stated before, I always request the Best Western, I have stayed there on 7 different occassions, and have never found it to be any different.

Hats of to the Hosts Sue and Richard :)

Andrea Lance

Room Tip: I love room 8, the bed is so big and cosy.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jewelandy
555Bayview, Owner at Best Western 555 On Bayview, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Thanks Andrea for your lovely review, we enjoy having you stay as much as you said you like it here In this business its great when guests return on a regular basis and you can get to know them just a little bit more and know what they like in order to feel comfortable and relaxed while away from their own homes. Looking forward to your next visit.
Kind regards Sue & Richard
minnesota
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Great room, wonderfully welcoming proprietors. We were so welcomed here. Our favorite place in ages. Great rooms, well appointed. Central location. Very helpful owners. Comfortable beds. We recommend it highly.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelerbrady
555Bayview, Owner at Best Western 555 On Bayview, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Thank you for your great recommendation, we really appreciate it.
Kind regards Sue
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I stayed at the Best Western 555 on Bayview in the second week of January. Jason was on the desk and he checked me in, helped me with my luggage (the only place on my trip that did) and left the laundry room open for me so I could do my first washing of the trip.

Richard and Sue were away my first day in town but I marshalled on to visit Speights and to photograph the train station and the Octagon. On my second day Sue was able to give advice on touring the Otago Peninsula (a side trip well worth taking). After my third night Richard was able to help me redeem my Best Western cards.

Oh and the room was right next to the road but I didn't hear any traffic. The bed was comfortable - the internet very convenient and the kitchenette well appointed. I ate dinner at restaurants my last two days there but the proximity of the super market across the traffic circle was helpful when I just wanted to rest up (and do laundry) that first night.

Much thanks to Richard, Sue, Jason and the cat, dog and turtle whose names I have sadly forgotten.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Hi Terry, great to hear from you via Tripadvisor, we are so pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your time in Dunedin with us. It was great you had 3 days to do some of the many trips and experience's available to tourists, especially getting out to the Otago Peninsula which is a 'must see'.
Best regards Sue, Richard, Jason, & Max the dog, Henry the cat and Franklin the friendly turtle.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We have just spent 2 nights at this motel and would happily recommend it. Reception was outstanding - the owners couldn't have done more to make us feel welcome and give us all the details we needed about the area. The room had just been refurbished, had everything we needed, was spotlessly clean and with a really comfortable extra-large bed. Excellent cooked breakfasts at special prices were delivered to the room each morning at exactly the time we ordered them. Good value stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
555Bayview, Owner at Best Western 555 On Bayview, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
We are pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us in Dunedin. We are continually upgrading our property and have been receiving lots of positive comments about the new Sealy Super King beds which are in every unit now. We hope you will be able to visit New Zealand again in the near future.
Kind regards, Sue
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Our stay in Dunedin was wonderful thanks in great part to the the hospitality shown to us by Sue, the owner and host at the Best Western 555. She listened to my wife's food allergy needs and made great recommendations for restaurants. We ordered their breakfast which was tasty, hot and brought to our room on time. The rooms are large and very clean. We had lots of room to unpack our luggage. The beds are comfortable. The shower is terrific. Parking for our car was right at the door to our room making it simple to bring the bags into the room. I would recommend Best Western 555 to any of my friends.

Room Tip: If you have heavy bags suggest you request a ground level room when booking.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thanks for your kind review I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us in Dunedin and found our accommodation up the high standard required by Best Western International. Kind regards, Sue.