“Very comfortable and clean” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN 555 On Bayview

BEST WESTERN 555 On Bayview
Ranked #17 of 58 Hotels in Dunedin
“Very comfortable and clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Best Western 555 On Bayview while visiting Dunedin for work. The room I stayed at had been completely redone and everything was spotless. Very comfortable bed, desk space to work and big screen TV. The bathroom was a decent size and the shower was phenomenal.
The managers and staff are very nice and helpful. I chose to pay for breakfast and got a hot breakfast delivered to my room every morning. Although not walking distance to the octagon the taxi fare was reasonable. Will definitely be staying here again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
555Bayview, Owner at BEST WESTERN 555 On Bayview, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thankyou for you review. I'm very happy we satisfied all your customer care needs during your stay with us, we do get good comments from guests about the great water pressure in our showers and I'm pleased you felt the same.
We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.
Kind regards Sue

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

This place was excellent. The room was spacious, the people who worked there were friendly and capable, and the service was prompt. I could not believe how big and nice the bathroom, kitchenette, and storage were. I only stayed for a weekend, but I could have comfortably stayed for at least two weeks. Everyone who worked there was warm and hospitable. They took care of everything, and also gave me great information and suggestions about local tourist options. They will obviously be a great choice for Kiwi's, and Americans will blown away by the quality. They were definitely above and beyond any Best Western I've been to in the States.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Wantz2seetheworld
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

We loved our 3 nights at 555. Great location just outside the main CBD, a few local eateries were ok but we ended up mostly eating in town. Bed was the comfiest we had through our whole trip and the hosts were so helpful with knowledge of local attractions, orientated us to our room and clearly very proud of their setup. New TV's in the rooms were a nice addition and the rooms whereas clean as any I've come across. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Oxford,uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I knew this would be a good stay from the initial phonecall booking the room, when the man on the line wanted to know when I would arrive, so he could get the heater on and warm the room for me.
The hosts were very hospitable, and did their utmost to make our stay as comfortable as possible. They pointed out good places to eat, things to do and had a huge selection of movies which my son took advantage of.
The room was very comfortable, with a great spa bath and large high def tv.
They had a breakfast special on that we chose to have, which arrived promptly at the time I requested, and was everything you could expect.
The location of the motel is not in the central part of Dunedin, but is close to the beaches and the South Dunedin op shops and food outlets, with a supermarket nearly opposite, and even if you didn't have a car, is close enough to the bus routes.
All in all, I found this motel very clean, modern and tidy, with the best hosts I have ever come across, and would definitely be back for another stay and would recommend to others.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

The Best Western Dunedin is a not a view property, it's a spectacular property ... run by two of the finest hosts (Richard and Sue) that I've ever met. For those of you used to BW properties in the States, this is much different and greatly exceeds those U.S. BW hotels. Everything was spotless clean. There was a large, slim-screen HD TV on the wall, a fabulous large shower, plenty of desk room to work, a refrigerator, kitchen sink, and great wi-fi (included in their price). You an drive up and park right in front of your room for easy access. And cooked bacon & egg breakfasts were delivered to my room as late as 10:45 am! I spent 3 nights here (Aug 13-15) and cannot wait to return. Sue helped set me up with a fabulous wildlife boat tour of the Otago Peninsula (2 albatrosses landed within 10 feet of our boat and sea lions and fur seals were observed very close). And thanks to Sue, I enjoyed a penguin tour the same day (I had 7 yellow-eyed penguins within feet of my blind!). I cannot say enough about the highly professional and outstanding customer service I received from Richard and Sue (and their cute dog, Max, as well!!). Their warm, friendly and very helpful personalities made me feel like a dear old friend. They are the best. And BTW, their king bed was ultra-comfortable for sound, comfortable sleep. I'll be returning to this Best Western 555 in Dunedin with my wife next year! It's a wonderful comfy, ultra-clean and "everything-you-need" stay with hosts that go out of their way to make you feel at home. This place is tops! Thank you, Richard & Sue! Carl

Room Tip: I loved the ground floor room because I could park right in front of my room door for easy access to...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
555Bayview, Owner at BEST WESTERN 555 On Bayview, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Many thanks for the kind review, we are pleased you enjoyed your time in Dunedin and especially the trip out to the Otago Peninsula. It was good you also had some time to catch up on some work via the internet and also relax as well.
Thank you for the comments about the accommodation here, we recently received an award from BEST WESTERN International for 'Excellence in Quality and Standards' ; we and our staff try very hard to provide an excellent experience for our guests so its great to get positive feed-back on this.
We certainly look forward to your next visit to Dunedin.
Best wishes Sue & Richard
Invercargill, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

This is the third time we have stayed at this motel and each time the hosts Richard and Sue are so welcoming. I feel they go way beyond and above what most people would expect from moteliers. Our first night we didn't get there until early evening but they had the drapes pulled and the heaters on in our unit, and again the second night the same thing. For us these things really make a difference as coming in to a warm motel room on a cold night in Dunedin is much appreciated. The units themselves are so well equipped with Richard and Sue thinking of everything you might need or like in your room. A large library of DVDs available free from reception along with some chocolates for our 7yr old! Spick and Span for cleaniness - you would be very hard to please if you could find a fault. We look forward to another stay with 555 on Bayview in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
555Bayview, Manager at BEST WESTERN 555 On Bayview, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Thanks for your great review, its a pleasure to have you return again to stay with us. The free DVDs are always a hit, we try to keep up to date with the new titles as they come on the market, and we certainly make sure we get all the kids ones too, as people of all ages enjoy watching them.
Kind regards Sue
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Very good motel complete with all you could need. Movies were able to borrowed from reception and breakfast could be ordered. We spent one night here and would recommend it to other travellers. Breakfast arrived warm to our room at the time we specified.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Crooksi
555Bayview, Owner at BEST WESTERN 555 On Bayview, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Thank you for your kind review, we are pleased you found everything to your liking and hope to see you again down our way again soon.
Best wishes Sue