“Good stay”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Southland, NZ
“Good stay”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here last night with 2 of my teenage children.
Received a good rate- $125 for the night which included breakfast.
Receptionist was very helpful. Our room was ideal for our needs. Beautiful court yard.
Could hear abit of noise from adjoining rooms but nothing major. We also had tea in the restaurant, using a voucher out of the entertainment book. 2 of us had steak- very well prepared. Service was excellent.
Would happily stay here again.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank AndySouthland_NZ

Dunedin, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect Place to Stay in Dunedin, NZ”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We needed a comfortable, clean, quiet place to stay in Dunedin, and found it at Quality Hotel Cargills. We reserved our room for two adults and a Baby. Happy to find a warm room, all set with a nice baby cot. The room was on ground floor, opening to a well kept courtyard, featuring Native New Zealand species. My compliments to the Gardner. a quick garden walk to the Bar where we enjoyed Happy Hour on comfortable couches, viewing the gardens. We had a 6:30 dinner reservation, and were very pleased with the menu, service, quality, and presentation of the food. We shared dinner with long standing residents of Otago, who enjoyed the meal, very much.
Then it was off for a rest in our clean comfortable beds, for a quiet night sleep. Good hot showers, fluffy towels, and tea in our room, before returning to the restaurant for a cooked breakfast, to start our day. Restaurant has courtyard garden views. Great!
Check out was easy, and the Managers presence was appreciated, to compliment him personally, and Thank him for our Lovely stay.
Value for money can be found here, in a historic Kiwi establishment.
We will return!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Annebeth2014
Kaiapoi, New Zealand
“The only time I wanted a refund from a motel”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Terrible tatty, old, smelly, noisy place. Felt conned by the photos on the internet which certainly did not represent the room and decrepit bathroom we had. Expensive, paid top quality prices for third world environment. Wedding held same night we were there outside our room! Great, lots of noise and kids running around upstairs verandahs all day and night. Restaurant closed with no warning but that was fine as we truly just wanted to escape and spend as little time as we could here, terrible, terrible, wish we were brave enough to ask for our money back.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Kaiapoiite
Timaru
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Great service and very nice room. Great price especially what you get for that price. Room plus the great breakfast included for the whole family. Awesome top quality food. Good size room for the whole family.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Karla A
Outer Brisbane Australia
“Starving”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I arrived from Brisbane and by 6.30pm Dunedin time I was starving having not had lunch due to the 3 hour time difference.
It was cold and windy and I rugged up and decided to walk from the Albatross B & B just one block up to the nearest place to eat.
I came across the first place which was Cargills and went in, asked for a table for one and had the best service from some lovely girls and the best meal for some time, my favorite blue cod. I asked for mash potatoe's instead of the chips and it was cooked really well.
I had just enough room for desert and had a browny with ice cream, I asked for Hokey Pokey as it had been so long since I had had that but the chef did the usual and I got plain vanilla. A real anticlimax.
topped this with a nice glass of wine NZ of course.
This is not an overly large place but is spacious with views out onto the garden. It was once called Cherry Court as there were cherry trees outside in the court yard. Once in the 70's when it was built my parents had a function there and it was the place to be then.
I would go back again and though it cost $40 it was well worth it, I was not about to go looking for somewhere for decent place to eat after a plan trip and no lunch.

Visited November 2012