“A must do in Dunedin” 5 of 5 bubbles

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A must do in Dunedin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

The tour was so much fun! Graeme, our guide was so great! Truly one of a kind to tour with! He has an extensive knowledge about all things Speight's related and has such an awesome personality. He took the time to get to know each guest and made us feel comfortable the whole time. Our group asked so many questions, yet he answered them all without a skip in his beat. He also cracked jokes about the beers from each of our respective countries which kept the whole experience fun and entertaining. Initially, I wasn't a fan of beer, but my friend was, which was the reason we went in the first place, but after the tour and the tasting room, I have a newfound appreciation for beer. My favorite was the ginger beer!! We also opted to pay for the lunch tour combo since we went around lunch time and I'm glad we did. The food at the restaurant was amazing and we even got a free beer with it. I wish they had their ginger beer bottled so I could have brought it back home for everyone else to try but, I guess that means I will just have to go back for another visit.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Candice S

• Hebrew first
uk
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Beer on tap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Have just been, went for my birthday. Interesting tour, super keen staff, ended with taster beers, helped our selves then went to their ale house for more and nibbles. Both worth while!

Visited July 2014
Agoura Hills, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A Nice Brewery Tour and Great Beer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

My daughter and I went on the Speight's tour when I visited her in Dunedin and it was great! The tour guide spent his career at the brewery so he knew the history and every step in the brewing process inside and out. He also made the tour very personal - down to making jokes about America's beer of choice - Budweiser :-).

Highly recommended for every age, although the 30 minute 'all you can drink' in the tasting room would be a drag if you didn't like beer. Speights Old Dark has been my favorite beer for years.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Used2Surf
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“What a tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I rate this tour very highly. The reason for this is the brewery has excellent displays but mainly because the tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic and that is a very hard combination to beat.
Oh and did I mention the beer tasting at the end.
If you can only do one tour in this area this would be the one I recommend

Visited June 2014
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“A "lager" than life experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Despite my dreadful pun, this tour is really worth it. The history, tasting and handling the raw ingredients, the old verses the new brewery was really interesting. All topped of with 30 minutes pulling your own beer on the taps. Tasting 7 different ales as often as you can. You will have an "ale" of a time.

1 Thank MarcEdwards1966