“You be the judge. Coffee undrinkable”
Review of The Good Oil Cafe

The Good Oil Cafe
Ranked #2 of 24 Coffee & Tea in Dunedin
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I came here because of the fantastic reviews. I found this place mass produced, low quality and the service was bad as the coffee. Staff members were too happy talking amongst themselves and eating behind the counter.

I ordered a piccolo, and as you can see in the picture what I got. The coffee was ashy, over extracted and bitter.

I asked for a replacement latte. Got a cappuccino in a glass. Photos says it all. Im only asking for what I paid for. Ill be avoiding this place in the future.

1  Thank max_critic

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Had coffee and cakes here two days in a row, so obviously we liked it! Good coffee, fresh food and friendly service. Very popular, and justifiably so. Quite a buzzy vibe, varied age-groups eating here.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Good location near Dunedin hospital. We popped in for coffee and cake.
Really good coffee when we visited, delicious fresh cakes and friendly staff.
A place I would return too with no hesitation.
Nice ambience, easy to talk and be heard plus nice and warm.

1  Thank CandN07
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Good cafe food ,good coffee and tea, and hot! Staff are friendly and efficient. Food well priced.place has buzzy feel and a nice warm ambience.

Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

So I read the excellent reviews and decided to try - I had high expectations and was let down. Service was Great and friendly. I had eggs and bacon - whilst the bacon was a nice smoky one (not ordinary supermarket stuff) and the eggs were large and ok, the biggest let down was the coffee - i had 2 strong latte and it was smokey and chocolatey but a little flat and bitter. Perhaps just the grind and extraction time needs tweaking - overall was average and a safe bet.

1  Thank FussyButFair100