“Huge and I mean huge meals”

Fat Harry's Family Restaurant
Ranked #98 of 359 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: Pub, New Zealand
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We had dinner at Fat Harry's on the Saturday night of an All Blacks/Australia rugby game in Dunedin. They were booked to the maximum and the pub was packed with people but they were well organised and the meals and service did not suffer at all.
I had the venison meal and it had 5 medallions- it was very big. I am not a fan of mashed potato but for the first time in years really enjoyed it.
We were a group of 6 who all enjoyed our huge meals that were of good quality and standard.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Not 5star meals but good old favorites.
Would recommend everyone try it.
Not for business lunches but if u here alone on business, try it

Reviewed 25 July 2013

We were told about this place by the person at the Car Hire desk at Dunedin airport..so we drove straight to collect our student son from his residence and went to Fat Harry's for dinner.
The service was excellent.. Our waitress told us she had only been there a couple of days, but she didn't miss a beat.. The food was great.. Very tasty and huge amounts..perfect for teenage sons.
We will definitely be back at least once each time we visit our sons.

Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

My son always chooses fat Harry's for his birthday dinner! Booked for 20 people. Everyone at the table was served at the same time, and food was great (best ribs in town) we were also allowed to bring in our own birthday cake at no extra charge!!! Will be back

Reviewed 25 March 2013

As it was my mothers birthday she chose to go to Fat Harry's - I have been some time ago and thought average - there were 8 booked and they very happily accommodated 10 - my partner and I ordered oyster starters which were served in a very thick batter which was greasy (disappointing - but I just removed all the batter) but my nephew and I ordered the chicken and bacon salad (well, what a mistake that was) the chicken was covered in a batter and smothered with this BBQ sauce - so lettuce, tomato, cucumber, bits of bacon and this discussing chicken hardly a salad and we both left at least half of our meal - others in the party had smoked chicken salad and apparently was good, spare ribs (fine) roasts (fine) scallops (fine) but the chicken and bacon salad was so horrible - the waitress was advised when clearing the table and apologised but there was no attempt to correct the issue - the serving staff was good but maybe the kitchen staff need to taste before they serve (as is a must in any good restaurant) - as M v in another review - I will NEVER eat at Fat Harrys again -