“Great experiences”
Review of Awesome Tours

Awesome Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Awesome Tours is a privately owned and operated small group tour business providing local scheduled tours, tailor made personalized multi day tours and shore excursion tours to meet your needs. These can include areas such as Milford Sound, Queenstown, West Coast, Mt Cook or the entire South Island. Day tours from Dunedin can include areas such as the Catlins and Moeraki Boulders and the Otago Peninsula. We provide small group scheduled and private shore excursion tours for cruise passengers while in Dunedin including pickup/return from/to Port, Key City Sights, Natures Wonders Argo Wildlife tours ( Yellow Eyed Penguins, NZ Fur Seals and much more) Natures Wonders authentic Sheep Shed experience, Larnach Castle and the Royal Albatross Colony.We look forward to being of service to you.
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

The tour was absolutely great!!!

We could see the penguines and seals!

Mark told us a lot about NZ and it was interesting to listen to him!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"new zealand"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Recently we were on a cruise in New Zealand, and had booked and paid in advance for a tour in Dunedin with Mark Dixon of Awesome Tours. Three days before we were due to dock in Dunedin the captain announced that due to severe storms in the Tasman Sea we would be altering course, and would not visit Dunedin at all. I feared I might be out the money for the tour, but I emailed Mark and explained that our ship would not be stopping in Dunedin because of bad weather. Within a few hours I had a very nice reply from him, and the next day my credit card was credited in full for the amount I had paid for the tour. While we were very disappointed to miss out on what promised to be a wonderful tour, I can't say enough about the great customer service and understanding provided by Mark Dixon and Awesome Tours in so promptly refunding my money. I would not hesitate to book another tour with this company if we are able to return to New Zealand.

2  Thank Banti
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Recently went on an eco tour and both my wife and I had a brilliant time. Mark and everyone we met were helpful and friendly. Would recommend this company to anyone. If you are on board a cruise, don't book through the ship.....book direct and save a lot of money.

2  Thank MAZIAN
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We were in Dunedin off of the cruise ship - had planned in advance to do the Natures Wonders and Larnach Castle tour - the entire day was AWESOME! Every detail was seen to - had a wonderful tour and learned a lot of facts and information along the way. Highly recommend this company.

2  Thank CJW830
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 April 2014

All the great things folks say in the reviews we found to be true. Cunard Cruise Lines really shorted our experience in Dunedin - however Mark at Awesome Tours really helped make up for it. He found out before we docked that the visit was being cut short so he adjusted our itinerary to ensure we were able to tour the Penguin and Albatross Colonies which was our priority. He also chose routes that showed off the area and gave us the most views given the limited time. He kept close track of the time to ensure we returned before the ship left. So even though he does not work to book directly with cruise lines, you can rest assured that you can get a BETTER TOUR and know he will get you back on time. I also kept losing my iPhone and Mark kept finding it - Thanks Mark!!

2  Thank D T