“Excellent choice ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Scotia Restaurant & Whisky Bar
Ranked #37 of 326 Restaurants in Dunedin
Price range: US$8 - US$27
Cuisines: Fusion, New Zealand, European, Scottish
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Scotia Restaurant provides a premium dining experience, Our cuisine is Traditional Scottish meets New Zealand Fusion, Come in and enjoy some true southern hospitality & Peruse our single Malt collection
“Excellent choice ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went here to celebrate our anniversary. You will not be disappointed. We had a fantastic meal, great atmosphere, excellent wait staff and food to match. Recommended.

Dunedin, New Zealand
“Excellent restaurant and bar in the heart of Dunedin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

My most recent visit was to Scotia's Doon Bar, upstairs from the restaurant, for drinks. The whiskey selection is extensive and excellent, the atmosphere is fantastic. I have also eaten at the restaurant a number of times, which is always fantastic. My favourite restaurant in Dunedin.

• Visited December 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
“Fantastic meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We really can't add much to the other reviews here - thoroughly endorse all the positive comments. We ate early last night and at NZ$34 for two courses on the early-bird deal this is amazing value. Shame we are not in Dunedin again tonight or we'd be back!

• Visited April 2014
New Zealand
“our experience matched the recommendations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

we enjoyed a lovely meal prepared by a team who know what they are doing with food supported by very good wait staff. The chowder soup was simple + complex and delicious, the special hot pot very very tasty and my lamb so delicious, my partner is insisting we go back so he can have it next time. we booked on line and the reservation was confirmed promptly.The Doon Bar stocks 300 whiskies and other drinks, a lovely spot.

• Visited March 2014
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Best steak ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Scotia is our favourite restaurant and I have reviewed it before, but after the meal we had on Friday I just had to do it again! We can't help but order the same meal every time we go there as we love the way they cook it so much that it is hard to look at something else on the menu.... though I was very tempted by the oysters..... As always the pate was delicious but this time the steak was the best I have ever had. My husband had the smoked beef while I had the aged steak and it just melted in my mouth. Very, very happy! What's even better is that we dined early for the "early bird special" so it was only $34 for two courses! I cant wait for the next visit. The staff are great too!

• Visited March 2014