“Great pasta and wine”

Ranked #9 of 358 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: French, Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome To Gaslight Take A Step Back In Time As You Enjoy The Atmosphere Of Our Boutique Film Noir Themed Restaurant & Wine Bar Set In An Authentic 1890s Brick Building In The Heart Of The City. We Offer A Charming Dining Experience Taking Inspiration From French & Italian Cuisine. We Are Part Of The Slow Food Movement Incorporating The Credo Of Celebrating The Culinary Culture Of Our Region. We Use Many Local Products & The Freshest Produce To Create A Menu That Is Truly Unique & Ultimately Inspired. We Offer Many Different Varieties Of Wine & Provide Excellent Recommendations To Suit Your Palate & Complement Your Meal Perfectly. Many Of Our Wines Are Sourced Locally, Direct From The Vineyard, Or From The Best Regions Of France & Italy Giving You A Complex & Interesting Selection To Peruse. Many Of Our Meals Can Be Altered To Accommodate Dietary Requirements -Please Enquire Please Let Us Know If You Have Any Time Restraints Bon Appetit We will reopen for 2017 on Thurs 5th at 5pm 03 477 7300
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Gaslight is a great place to come for dinner in Dunedin. They have a delicious pasta menu and the wine list is very impressive. The food is very well priced.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Another cafe in Dunedin recommended Gaslight when we said we were seeking a place with character and good food. It turned out to be perfect. Thoroughly recommend.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Had a great dining experience. All four of us chose steak and all wanted it cooked to a different degree- and the chef did a marvellous job of getting it just right. The wait staff was friendly and helpful, joining in our banter. Love the setting and retro gear decorating the restaurant.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

This was my families first visit to Gaslight, it was to celebrate my Birthday. Fantastic service by very professional wait staff. The meals were so fantastic, the steak cooked to perfection. We all left thinking we must go back in a few weeks for our daughters birthday...

Reviewed 3 April 2014

My husband and I were visiting Dunedin (from the U.S.) over the past winter holiday and were really fortunate to have dinner here one night. I loved the decor and atmosphere, and the service was great. But we especially loved the food (and wine)! The house made dip that came with the breads was delicious and the homemade pasta was incredible. I had the Fettuccini with bacon, peas and mint and loved it. Even finished the last few bites for lunch the next day since the serving size was pretty generous. Dessert was one of my all time favorites, chocolate croissant pudding. I think my husband had the beef ragout if memory serves me and that was also delicious (I had to steal a few bites). Wine selection was also fantastic. I only wish I could go back more often! But it will definitely be on my go-to list if/when I visit Dunedin again. Thanks Gaslight! P.S. Can you deliver to the U.S.???