We stayed for two days having picked up a cheap last minute rate and were pleasantly surprised. Location is at the north end of town so is away from the central city by a few blocks. However, unlike most hotels in Dunedin, it has plenty of parking space, is easy to access and has spacious, attractive gardens. The room was large, with two double beds, well appointed and well equipped with Internet facilities and a large modern TV. The bathroom was modern and spacious. If windows are left open at night, noise from the one way street system can be a problem. There did not appear to be air conditioning but this was not a major problem. Access to second floor rooms is only by stairs. Staff were efficient and pleasant. There are plenty of good cafes and dining places nearby. We thought the hotel restaurant prices were a little high. We will stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dunedin's Garden Hotel. 76-Rooms in relaxed garden setting. Adjacent to Dunedin Botanic Gardens; short stroll to Otago University, Stadium, Hospital, the city's dynamic shopping centre, and visitor attractions. Easy access from State Highway 1, plenty of complimentary off-street parking. McGavin's Restaurant and Bar, offering contemporary cuisine using fresh local produce. Conference rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, ACCOR, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Dunedin Leisure Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Leisure Lodge Dunedin Hotel Dunedin
- Mercure Leisure Hotel Dunedin
- Accor Leisure Hotel Dunedin