Let me make it simple:
no in-room wifi: this is the only hotel during my NZ trip without in room wifi. Even Ibis in another city got the wifi. I have paid for the lobby wifi instead, but the connection is not stable and I cannot even make a skype call (in which even other hotels that I have stayed can).
Starving: The restaurant closed at 9pm. So after our wildlife tour (9.20pm), we can only had our room service as dinner. Which is fine, IF I can at least having some kind of main course or stuff. But no. All we can have were: mac and cheese, lasagne, or panini (no joke. I can only choose from 5/6 items). And the portion was not even enough for an adult. We need to order double instead.
noisy: some of the rooms are facing the road so it's kinda noisy, I have switched to the garden room.
no air-con: No air con is fine, but no air con AND facing the road? That's the problem.
The staff is nice and friendly, and I can feel their passion in their job.
Bathroom: bathroom is clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dunedin's Garden Hotel. 76-Rooms in relaxed garden setting. Adjacent to Dunedin Botanic Gardens; short stroll to Otago University, Stadium, Hospital, the city's dynamic shopping centre, and visitor attractions. Easy access from State Highway 1, plenty of complimentary off-street parking. McGavin's Restaurant and Bar, offering contemporary cuisine using fresh local produce. Conference rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, ACCOR, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Dunedin Leisure Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Leisure Lodge Dunedin Hotel Dunedin
- Mercure Leisure Hotel Dunedin
- Accor Leisure Hotel Dunedin