“Well done Accor”

Ranked #25 of 61 Hotels in Dunedin
Whangamata, New Zealand
“Well done Accor”
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Would definitely recommend this hotel to travellers or business reps. Excellent restaurant, and very handy to most Dunedin attractions. Easy access and good car parking. Spacious room, and very helpful staff.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
MercureLeisureLodge, Manager at Mercure Dunedin Leisure Lodge, responded to this review, 12 December 2012
Thank you Jiannie We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Dunedin Leisure Lodge. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 5 December 2012

We like our garden view room very much. Our room was clean and have access to the garden just outside our room on the ground floor. The hotel is also located next to the Botanical Gardens.

Hotel staff were cheerful and helpful. This was an inexpensive place to stay and we really had a very relaxing time to spend our weekend in Dunedin.

Room Tip: Garden view room is good. The rest of the rooms would be facing the car park or the roads.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TJX05
MercureLeisureLodge, Manager at Mercure Dunedin Leisure Lodge, responded to this review, 7 December 2012
Dear TJX05

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 November 2012

where can I start.....
We were greeted by Gemma, who was more than welcoming. We were exceptionally surprised upon arrival to our room as I thought the exterior of the hotel was a bit dated. The room (which was the executive suite) was way above my expectations. Almost like a one bedroom apartment. Spa bath was fabulous. We had views to both sides off the complex. Road noise did not bother us, and the garden view was amazing. Had dinner in the restaurant and cannot say any thing bad about.it..
I definitely can say that we will be going back there, with not hesitating at all...10 out of 10

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
MercureLeisureLodge, Reservations at Mercure Dunedin Leisure Lodge, responded to this review, 2 December 2012
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Dunedin Leisure Lodge. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Winton, NZ
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Ideal for couple of nights with kids whose beds where great, ours unfortunately had seen better days and seemed to sag down at the sides so not the best of sleeps otherwise no complaints. Staff all very helpful and right across the road from the lovely botanical gardens.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Dunedin Leisure Lodge. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 18 November 2012

When I arrived I was checked in to a room which was slightly lower standard than I booked as apparently it fitted my criteria better, ie "no connecting door". Apparently every one of the superior rooms has a connecting door to the next room. However the room I was allocated was very good and facing the garden which is the way to face if you stay here. Do not face the road! The room itself was big enough and clean , the bathroom was pleasant and functional. The lobby area is nice and bright and the gardens are beautiful. The restaurant is the weak point, it does nor serve lunch and closes at 9pm in the evening, very parochial I thought. I ate in there one night and paid too much for too little in return. however the express breakfast is bearable in price using my advantage plus card, less bearable if paying the full price.
The staff in the restaurant were a mix of pleasant and surly. Reception staff and maids were all very charming. The location of the hotel is a little out of the town but not too far to walk, I suppose a beach-ball guest would complain at the distance. The hotel is opposite the Botanic Gardens which are marvellous and also near (about 15 mins walk) to the Otago Museum.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business

Wellington Nz
Reviewed 6 November 2012

The hotel is slightly out of the centre but opposite the Botanic Gardens - it's quiet, peaceful and restful. The rooms were large and pleasant . overlooking the (hotel) garden which itself is nicely done. The staff were helpful and pleasant, breakfast, a tad expensive, but good with plenty of choice and helpful staff. And for a price cheaper than many B&Bs it was excellent value.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris D
Thak you Waikanae We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Dunedin Leisure Lodge. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 November 2012

What a lovely place to stay. We did have the executive suit tho!! We arrived and thought the place looked dated from the outside but were very much surprised when we went inside. We were greeted and warmly welcomed by Gemma. We went to our room and could not fault it, it was very roomy and comfortable. The bathroom with spa bath was an added bonus. We had one meal at the restaurant and it was very enjoyable, we were looking forward to breakfast but slept in and did not make the 10am closing. I would stay here again with no hesitation!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple