“Excellent presentation”

Ranked #24 of 57 Hotels in Dunedin
Oamaru, New Zealand
“Excellent presentation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

We were going on train next day to Middlemarch, so lovely clean & peaceful place to stay, great sleep, no traffic noise. Loved the little express breakfast available in mornings. Great outlook on to lawn & gardens.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Indonesian first
Timaru
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

I booked this through Accor and it was the cheaper of the 2 x hotels. I was very impressed in that the room was far better than I expected and really good value for money. (also comparable to a decent motel) The only 2 x things holding it back from being perfect were that I had to carry my bags up some stairs and along some long coridoors which wasn't a major for me but if I was an older person I should ask for a room on the ground floor. It was also quite wet outside and I had to park a bit far away from the man entrance as there isn't a covered unloading area. Apart from that I plan to stay there regularly from now on.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Llandeilo, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

Stayed as part of a tour group. Rooms clean and comfortable. Food tasty and varied. Very handy for the Botanic Garden which we didn't have time to explore completely. We walked to and from city centre, level going but quite a long way. Surrounded by University accommodation but no problems. WiFi only in lobby area and definitely pedestrian!

Room Tip: Over looking the garden seems best
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

We stayed for 2 nights. We had breakfast the first day, but the selection was ordinary and the service was average. So we didn't return the next day.
The corridor was quite noisy, and we could hear the adjacent rooms at times.
The location was good for us, it was easy to get to, but really, its a fairly standard property. No real problems - room was clean, reception staff were nice.
Having said that, the room rates reflect what is being offered.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and found it fantastic. Gemma was on reception and she was very helpful and accommodating. The location was great for us as we were attending a concert.

The room was modern and comfortable. We were able to have a late check out and they serviced our room at a time convenient to us.

I would defiantly return and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Invercargill, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

I really enjoyed my week stay at the Mercure Leisure Lodge. I must admit at first I was a little anxious, because my previous visit to Dunedin was so terrible at the Scenic Hotel that it left a negative feeling within me about Dunedin. However, I think because of the Mercure Leisure Lodge, my confidence in Hotels in Dunedin Has been restored. I was met with the most helpful, friendly and delightful staff. Nothing was a problem for them. I loved the room, I absolutely, loved the little balcony so I could have a relaxing drink after my busy days on my course. It's a lovely hotel and very quiet, but also having everything I need which is just a phone call to room service and was always met with a friendly and welcoming greeting. Thank you, Mercure Leisure Lodge for being an amazing hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Mecure Leisure Lodge mainly because of its great location and its friendly staff. They were all approachable, down to earth, and very happy to help. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo