Unusual place, lodge-like appearance, located off-centre, almost half an hour's walk from the Octagon. Everything is spotlessly clean and the staff were smiling and helpful. Bedroom was comfortable and the shower/basin/lavatory ensuite space was modern and well-equipped. Pretty garden; and breakfast offered a wide choice.
The real beef is the poor WiFi, with only the reception areas covered. These days business people need all bedrooms to have WiFi. And the price of the room should cover the cost, too. It is very frustrating to have to buy WiFi in small chunks!
Come on Mercure, sort this out!
But for the unhelpful WiFi situation this hotel would have been 4 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dunedin's Garden Hotel. 76-Rooms in relaxed garden setting. Adjacent to Dunedin Botanic Gardens; short stroll to Otago University, Stadium, Hospital, the city's dynamic shopping centre, and visitor attractions. Easy access from State Highway 1, plenty of complimentary off-street parking. McGavin's Restaurant and Bar, offering contemporary cuisine using fresh local produce. Conference rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Dunedin Leisure Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Leisure Lodge Dunedin Hotel Dunedin
- Mercure Leisure Hotel Dunedin
- Accor Leisure Hotel Dunedin