Our family of 5 stayed there for a couple of nights (2 adults, 2 kids under 8 and a baby) and thought it was o.k.
While the room wasn't huge (2 double beds in it) it was enough for us as we were really only sleeping and showering there. The beds were very comfortable and the room was extremely warm throughout the night which was great considering how cold it was in Dunedin at the time.
It had sky tv on a flat panel lcd screen which made for good viewing.
Bathroom was small but tidy and adequate.
The reception was very helpful and polite.
Although we didn't dine there the restaurant looked o.k although some of the decor is just starting to look a bit dated.
We paid $109 per night and at this price we thought it was a good deal and if you were paying around that amount I'd say go for it.
Comfortable warm surroundings at a good price!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dunedin's Garden Hotel. 76-Rooms in relaxed garden setting. Adjacent to Dunedin Botanic Gardens; short stroll to Otago University, Stadium, Hospital, the city's dynamic shopping centre, and visitor attractions. Easy access from State Highway 1, plenty of complimentary off-street parking. McGavin's Restaurant and Bar, offering contemporary cuisine using fresh local produce. Conference rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Accorhotels.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Mercure Dunedin Leisure Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Leisure Lodge Dunedin Hotel Dunedin
- Mercure Leisure Hotel Dunedin
- Accor Leisure Hotel Dunedin