We spent 2 rainy days and nights at the Mercure. The larger than normal rooms and comfortable furnishings (including a very comfortable bed) made the stay more enjoyable than it would otherwise have been.
While the motel is just off one of the main roads into Dunedin, and only a few minutes from the centre of town, it is nonetheless very quiet. The rooms are built around a large and beautiful lawn/garden area. There is ample car parking space.
Our room was well furnished - including table and chairs and a sofa. Large TV and reasonable range of satellite TV stations. Bathroom was a good size and very clean. Only complaint was the cost of the internet - $30 per day after the first 30mins of free access.
The room cost was very reasonable ($85/night). Excellent value given the size and quality.
We would be very happy to stay here again on our next visit to Dunedin..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dunedin's Garden Hotel. 76-Rooms in relaxed garden setting. Adjacent to Dunedin Botanic Gardens; short stroll to Otago University, Stadium, Hospital, the city's dynamic shopping centre, and visitor attractions. Easy access from State Highway 1, plenty of complimentary off-street parking. McGavin's Restaurant and Bar, offering contemporary cuisine using fresh local produce. Conference rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, ACCOR, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Dunedin Leisure Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Leisure Lodge Dunedin Hotel Dunedin
- Mercure Leisure Hotel Dunedin
- Accor Leisure Hotel Dunedin