Scenic Hotel Southern Cross
US$144
US$128
  • Restaurant
US$106
Motel on York(Dunedin)(Great Value!)
US$106
97 Motel Moray(Dunedin)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$91
US$149
US$145
Hotwire.com
Best Western Dunedin(Dunedin)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$95
Priceline
Kiwis Nest(Dunedin)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$49
Apartments at St Clair(Dunedin)(Great Value!)
US$108
Priceline
All reviewsbreakfast buffetsuperior roomtour groupcar parkcomfortable bedcentral locationper dayhotel restaurantnice roomnew zealandspeights brewerygreat place to stayfree wifieasy walkstayed for one nightrailway stationvalet parking
Reviewed 14 July 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the scenic southern cross . Our room was lovely and the bed very comfortable. After sleeping late we missed breakfast which was included in our package. After checking out ( well after 10am checkout time ) The hotel organised and covered the bill for us to eat at the adjoining cafe.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 15 July 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give such positive feedback. I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time and I look forward to being able to welcome you back to the Scenic Hotel Southern Cross in the future.

With kind regards

Adrian

Reviewed 8 July 2012

I spent a night here several months ago now, the hotel itself was great but I believe it was the duty manager, Dara I think her name was, well she had a lot of attitude, was rude and not very polite, when checking out the next day I mentioned it to the receptionist and they assured me she is one of your most valued employees, besides the rudeness of that one staff member it was perfect, just ruined my night a bit, maybe some more training?

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and I am sorry that you faced issues with a member of staff's attitude. If you would like to give me a call to discuss this further then do not hesitate to contact me on +64 (0)3 477 0752.
Many thanks once again and I hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

stayed here becasue it was convenient for busuness and only a 5-10 min walk to the city centre (the octagon). has a casino but havent frequented that for many years. Rooms are a good size, warm (it was very cold wneh we were there). Food is average. It is probably one only a couple of upper end hotels of reasonable scale in the city and as such is used by many e.g NZ All Black Management and Airline crews. When booking make sure you specify the Southern Cross Casino as they also operate the Southern Cross City which is closer to the city. this is were in usually stay as it is more functional, cheaper and just as convenient if you arent after the attractions of the casino.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 8 July 2012

Thank you for your comments agcy. I am sorry that our food offering disappointed. This is not the high standard we strive to achieve and we are currently focussing on ensuring that we deliver consistency as well as quality, value for money and a good varied range. I hope to see you back at the Scenic Hotel Southern Cross in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

This was a quick shopping trip with my daughter to escape subzero temperatures at home.Booked last minute online we were happy.Beds were very comfortable and they quickly changed room to 2 king singles for us.Breakfast was included and a very nice modern dining room.The car park is a bit tricky but beter than trying to find on street parking on Friday night.WE herard no noise at night ,which can be a problem on other hotels on princes St,
For the price we paid we were very impressed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 8 July 2012

Thanks for the feedback CromQueenstown. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and two close family members we were visiting in New Zealand. I booked the two bedroom suite and it was perfect for our stay. Both rooms featured very comfortable King size beds with warm comfortable linen. The pillows were great because both beds had both big and small pillows to suit everyone. The suite also included two bathrooms (with plenty of towels), and an open plan living area including a nice kitchen, dining table, plenty of comfortable seating and a massive television! The heating was good (which is necessary given how cold it gets in Dunedin) and the room servicing was good. The overall service was satisfactory but not great, and my only other complaint is that the water pressure in the shower wasn't great. Overall we had a very comfortable stay and I will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 8 July 2012

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am glad you had a comfortable stay although it seems we still have a few issues that need attention. Rest assured we will work on these areas and look to give you a perfect stay next time you come.