Scenic Hotel Southern Cross
Very Good 4/5
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsbreakfast buffetsuperior roomtour groupcar parkcomfortable bedcentral locationper dayhotel restaurantnice roomnew zealandspeights brewerygreat place to stayfree wifieasy walkstayed for one nightrailway stationvalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 October 2013

our experience was very awesome. convenience of having the casino right next door where we became members to take advantage of 10% discount on meals and drinks. the staff, from reception area to the cleaners were of a very high standard. they were very polite and helpful. thankyou very much for your hospitality and would recommend staying with you :)

Room Tip: we had the 6th floor, with a view of the harbour :) noise does not bother me so much however we could hear traffic from this room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Kate E, Manager at Scenic Hotel Southern Cross, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Guest

Your very welcome and thank you for such great feedback, we're so glad you had an awesome time and would recommend staying at the Southern Cross Hotel to others.
I'm also happy to hear how polite and helpful and of a high standard you found our staff to be.

Thanks again and look forward to having you back in the future.
Kind Regards, Kate

Reviewed 21 October 2013

It was my second stay at that hotel and I was really impressed this time. Everything was high-quality, amazing room - complimentary upgraded, really nice staff. I spent wonderful time during my birthday.

I definitely recommend that hotel to anybody.

Room Tip: I know that some rooms may be slightly less impressive, so book directly through the hotel to get the best rooms. When I booked via hotels.com the first time, I got slightly less attractive room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Kate E, Manager at Scenic Hotel Southern Cross, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Hi Jacek

Thanks again for your email and for posting such a great review we really appreicate it. And I'm so glad you had such a good time on your Birthday this stay.

We look forward to hosting you again next month.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Extremely helpful staff provided excellent service. Conveniently close to the Octagon. We booked adjoining rooms with interconnecting doors which worked well with the kids but a mistake on my part when we booked meant our room had two single beds instead of a queen. A quick chat to the duty manager and the problem was sorted. This hotel has the most comfortable beds in New Zealand.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 539Mike
Kate E, Manager at Scenic Hotel Southern Cross, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Guest

I was so happy to hear you found ours to be "the most comfortable beds in New Zealand" Wow what a compliment thank you! We really appreciate your great feedback and are so glad you found the staff extremely helpful during your stay and that we provided excellent service to you and your family.

Thanks so much for your comments and we hope to see you again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two weeks as we were attending a course.

Good location, mind you although Dunedin may be the fifth largest city in the world by land size, most places will still have a central locality because the "utilised" city area is not as big as the actual area.

Average size rooms, comfortable bedding, welcoming staff, limited facilities.

Neither over not unimpressed . Value for money is good.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on your recent long stay we appreciate your time. I'm glad to hear you found the stafft to be welcoming while you were here and the location and value for your money good.

We hope you enjoyed your course and time in Dunedin and hope to see you back again in the future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 7 October 2013

This place was awesome. The hotel was very nice and the rooms were fitted out beautifully. Everything felt new and unused which is always nice, The bathroom was spotless and came with more towels than i have ever seen before.

I can't recommend this hotel any more! We will certainly be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

I was so happy to read your post it made my day! We are really proud of the hotel it is "awesome" and it is fantastic when our guests are equally as impressed. We are glad you found the fit out to be beautiful and the feel of the room new, our signature Scenic bedding and refurbishments are a real asset to us.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you next time
Kind Regards