“Slack”

Governors Cafe
Ranked #150 of 332 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Robina, Australia
“Slack”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I did not like their coffee.
There seemed to be a wee bit of tension in the air, so couldn't wait to move on.

Visited May 2014

Whangarei, New Zealand
“Great Brekkys”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This place opens early which is good. Food, coffee & service were great. I went there 3 mornings in a row & it was good. Recommend.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank toddsta
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Amazing food let down by downright rude service.”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was excited to go back and have a coffee and slice here! As always the food was incredible - no complaints there! It is however a big disappointment that the blonde lady serving me was so rude I was very close to walking out - I would have if it hadn't been for the chocolate brownie on the way.

I asked for my drink, and made a mistake and corrected myself, and she looked at me as if I was stupid. A bit more went down but I don't want to give away too many details as Dunedin is a small place. After this encounter when ordering my food, I went to sit down and to my disgust I could hear the same lady moaning about what had just happened to the kitchen staff. I actually have no problem with what she was doing - but at least have the decency to make sure the customer can't hear you!! Many of my friends have had similar experiences with a 'blonde lady', I obviously cannot be sure if it's the same lady, but I sure do hope they don't employ multiple rude blonde ladies!! It is a shame, as Governor's is a classic place to go and grab coffee in between lectures, but you can guarantee I won't be going back anytime soon.

• Visited May 2014
Dunedin, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thought Pancakes were standard - till we went here!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My bestie and I thought we'd try somewhere new so we ended up at Govenors on George St.
Greeted by a smile, we took our seats and had a quick look at the menu. Front of House staff were extremely busy, so young staff member came out from the kitchen to serve, and was talked through his on the spot training.
We both ordered the Muesli Pancakes and got a juice each. Prices are fantastic. $13.00 for 3 massive pancakes accompanied with Banana and Yogurt or Cream.. Not often you can go out for brekkie for under a 20 each and end up rolling out the door.
Food didnt take too long, even though we ordered after a table of 7.
Would have no issues going again.

• Visited April 2014
“delicious muffins”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

great food, coffee, and service at Governors. Love the muffins especially: nice berries and warm, powdered sugar dusted tops. Very pleasant service as well.

Visited February 2014