“Great place to stay”

ASURE 755 Regal Court Motel
Ranked #51 of 61 Hotels in Dunedin
Reviewed 17 March 2010

6 of us were travelling through Dunedin and randomly found this motel. The owner of this motel was so accommodating and friendly and was able to provide us with two units. They were exceptionally clean and comfortable. Maybe a little noise from the Uni Students late at night walking down the road but hey, it was a Friday night we stayed there!! The price was exceptional and I would have no hesitation is recommending this property.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank mtgsydney

Reviewed 9 March 2010

We stayed here after tourig the country for 2 1/2 weeks and found this motel to be the best deal we discovered.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2010

Stayed a night here during 'Orientation' week for the students. Booked a 1 bed apartment and it was great. Roomy, light, well equipped and clean as a new pin. Management very friendly too. Overall it was great value for money and we would stay again. Only marked down because its location(along with all the other motles on George St is in the middle of student land--so if you stay in any during orientation week(Mid Feb) then dont expect a good nights sleep!! But we would stay here again absolutely

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teddall
Reviewed 28 December 2009

We had the one bedroom exec with a double and single bed which suited us perfectly as our son travels with us. LCD tv in the lounge and the bedroom. Well appointed, very comfortable and pleasant staff. I had trouble with the TV in the bedroom (just not familiar with it) and the manager came over in a flash to get it working. We wished we'd planned to stay here another night or two and in the event that we ever return to Dunedin we will definitely stay here.

Even though our unit faced the street, the bedroom did not so the street sounds were not a problem.
Internet was not as expensive as advertised and I'd recommend they include a couple of hours with the room. Sadly, we found high internet rates at over half the motels we stayed at in Australia and NZ (over 7 weeks) which takes some getting used to as in similar establishments in North America there would be no charge.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2009

We stayed in the 1 bedroom executive room and found it was big enough for 2 adults and 1 child. Great friendly service, owner assisted with having clothes washed. Average size kitchenette.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2009

The rooms were very clean and spacious. As 2 couples we could not get a 2 bedroom apartment so had a studio each which worked out a little more expensive. But the rooms were very adequate for our requirements touring around NZ, my only disappointment was that there was no cooking hob only a microwave. The property was within walking distance to the shops of Dunedin. Unfortunately we arrived on a Sunday followed by a bank holiday and the shops were all closed and it also rained for the 2 days we were there - our bad luck....! The rooms had heating so we very comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 25 January 2009

I have been travelling to Dunedin four or 5 times a year for the past 5 years to visit my son who lives there. Initially I stayed ay another motel that was owned by the same people who own this property. When they sold their last property – which was a great place to stay as well – I moved my accommodation bookings to the new property - about 3 years ago.
755 is situated very close to the city and also very close to the suburb that my son lives in. They have a great selection of rooms to choose from, and in my case, I always get the same room, trip after trip which really makes me feel at home. The staff are great, they know me by sight and by name and always make an effort to stop and talk. The owners are also very good people who are genuinely interested in why you are there and will go out of their way to help you. There are a lot of other accommodation choices in Dunedin, some cheaper, but I have never been tempted to book elsewhere based on price – price is not the basis of my accommodation choices – service and location are the only things that matter and in that order. The rooms are all well appointed and very well maintained – and from what I see from whenever I am staying there, the property is always busy so ….. that speaks for itself. I can honestly say that I have never had a bad experience staying here.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)