“Nice view.”

and up
Half-Day Iconic Dunedin City Tour
Ranked #14 of 112 things to do in Dunedin
Reviewed 1 February 2013 via mobile

Well worth going to get an overall perspective of Dunedin. Grassy area with parking available, although I was on a bus tour.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

Definately go here if its your first time in Dunedin loved the view but if your visiting in the summer it was still not dark at 10.30pm!!

1  Thank Nat M
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I asked the people at the i-Site about Signal Hill, and they told me a city bus went up there- great! Unfortunately the bus stop is in the residential neighborhood nowhere near the peak. I walked maybe half or 3/4 of the way up the hill, but saw no indication of how far the peak was (or even if there was a lookout- I wasn't sure at the time), so I gave up. The view from halfway up was nice enough.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

We were out for a drive and came across a sign indicting the lookout. We headed in the direction but then couldn't find anymore signs to confirm we were going in the right direction. You go from residential into farm/forestry type scenery but keep on going, eventually you get there and the view across Dunedin and the harbour is great.

2  Thank FootlooseFancyFree64
Reviewed 23 November 2012

A nice hill for a lookout and a good view of Dunedin. It has a couple of really big - and kind of creepy - statues. When we went, it was extremely windy and cold (and we went at the end of spring!) so bring warm clothes! Maybe it would be a pleasant place to go in the summertime when it gets hot.
It takes about 15 minutes to drive there and 5 minutes to view.
We saw some people camping in their campervan, and while it is quiet and out of the way, it would be extremely cold I can imagine.
If you are very short on time, I probably wouldn't recommend Signal Hill as a high priority place to visit, although it doesn't take too long.

1  Thank millzorz