“Great View”

71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Great View”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We drove up here the first night we stayed in Dunedin. The views of Dunedin and the peninsula were great. The sun setting over the mountains was also nice. It's free so do it.

• Indonesian first
Townsville, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“Nice views”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Personally, I found the statues at the top to be really interesting. I would have loved to have heard the story about them. I also would suggest if you have time, trek up Signal Hill. I was a bit pressed for time while I was in Dunedin, so I was trying to fit everything in to my schedule that I could. Make sure you take a trip up Signal Hill if you have a chance!

Sydney, Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great View of Dunedin”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

It is worth a look. The view from the top of Signal Hill gives you a real birds-eye view of Dunedin and a sense of where things are. On a clear day the view is stunning. We were lucky with the weather.

Vernon, Connecticut
170 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Best views in Dunedin”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We went at night. The night views were great with all the lights below. Drove the road carefully as there are no lights, and steep drop-offs. But once at the top, the views were well worth it. Would have liked to see it during the day as well. Next time.

Visited September 2013
Brisbane, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Well worth the drive ..and it's not far”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Our 19 year old son always takes us up Signal Hill when we visit Dunedin.. It is a great place to see all over Dunedin, the Peninsula, Port Chalmers etc.
it is a nice way to spend an hour or so while waiting for someone to finish a lecture or if there is time before dinner

Visited April 2013