“Food good, the space is non-existent.”
Review of Brew

Brew
Ranked #69 of 359 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is a relatively new establishment and has a growing reputation
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I really liked my meal. My friends like theirs. The desserts were lovely. No complaints about the food or service. Be prepared however for claustrophobia - I felt cramped in limited space and the seats hurt my hiney. Make sure you book, this place is popular at all times. Do not go there if you want a group of more than 4, it is just a logistical nightmare for that. Initimate dining is what you will get, so intimate you can practically hear what the next table is talking about and accidentally make a contribution because you feel you are dining with them too. Worth a look.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I have just dined with a friend at the Brew Cafe and Bar. The service was excellent and the wines appealing. We both chose to have the seafood chowder and it was divine. Full of seafood and topped with shell fish and accompanied by toast slices. We then tried the affogato. A really nice dessert.
I would recommend the Brew for enjoyable dining in a relaxed atmosphere. A little gem.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

My husband and I choose this restaurant for our birthdays, because the meals are always delicious. My husband had a gourmet chicken pie and I had a roast lamb steak. The meals are served without a long wait and the ambience is nice, music not too loud, which means you can actually talk to each other. I like that it is a small restaurant and not crowded.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Have been here quite a few times in the last year. Food is always delicious, staff are always nice, and beer is always cold.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Visited this cafe with high expectations, looked lovely from the outside... upon entering the two staff were standing behind the counter gossiping and continued to do so as i stood there waiting to be served.... when they finally acknowledged me I ordered my coffee and cake and sat down.... being the only one in the cafe I waited over 10 minutes for the woman to make my coffee... it was pleasant but not outstanding, the slice was dry and i left half of it. will not return, plenty more nicer cafes in dunedin that outshine this establishment