“Great Breakfast”

Thistle Bar and Cafe
Ranked #159 of 375 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Had a great breakfast meeting here last week. I had the poached eggs with hot smoked salmon and it was delicious. Good location and great service. I will definitely be back soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

The food and atmosphere in this cafe was great, however I am unlikely to return because of the unfortunate service. I have never before been made to feel like a imbecilic child while ordering a meal. Despite the delicious food and the subsequent better (yet non-apologetic) service, I doubt I will be back any time soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

The food here was average-good but the service, location and atmosphere make it a good choice for breakfast. I had the bacon and eggs (poached) on toast which was average compared to others. Not bad but just lacking that something special to make it very good. Would eat here again to try other options.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

We loved the decor and the coffee in this little Scottish themed cafe. The lady who served us was really friendly and efficient. We would like to return for wine and nibbles!

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Went for Breakfast at this quiet little place in the Octagon. We were left wondering where the Food was. $19.50 for a Breakfast that included one mushroom, one egg, the smallest peice of Bacon in History, A hashbrown, we asked where the bread was but that would have been extra we were told.

I'm not that impressed and word of mouth flys faster then good reviews.

2  Thank foodie4food