“Fantastic stay”
Review of Kiwis Nest

Kiwis Nest
Ranked #9 of 61 Hotels in Dunedin
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Good! That's it! Or else I won't pay a 2nd visit :) Super friendly host and relaxing environment!
There's a lady and a man who's like staying at the hostel 24/7, ready to help you out for anything!

My first visit was during the winter. The weather was cold, but the hot water shower was awesome. We stayed in a family room with a small TV inside, closets, basin, small table, mirror, and a big heater. It was a big room even for 4 persons. Good garden view. Another great thing is they really keep the place warm 24/7 even during winter time. Thumbs up for that.

Not to miss the convenience shop which is just opposite the road for the ice cream!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bell N
Jeremy H, Owner at Kiwis Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review, hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Having squeezed Dunedin into my tight itinerary, I only stayed for 1 night at single room (shared facilities). Wish I stayed longer. It was warm and welcoming, with super friendly host who made me felt at home; very important when you're traveling solo. My room has big windows overlooking the main street; but not noisy at all. The furniture in my room looked rather old but very clean. Toilets & showers (there are several around the house) are all very clean. Very cozy living room and pantry inside the main house; and I did enjoy the kitchen on the connecting building (but not during the rain). They got everything you need (including PC and local phone calls) and the location is perfect, near to everything and it's all flat street here, no uphill. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Dhani H
Jeremy H, Owner at Kiwis Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Hi There , thanks for your review. We have been upgrading furniture tv's etc as time and money permits.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We sort of stumbled into here because we had some mistake with our booking and we took really long with the check-in but the staff was so friendly and helped us a lot. She gave us a private room with more than 4 beds I think and we had 4 person. Well located with parking(not many though). The room was so clean and nearly perfect after some unpleasant experience previously.

Will I return? yes definitely. it is almost a home and thank you so much for the hospitality

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank angExplorer
Jeremy H, Owner at Kiwis Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Thanks for your review, we have changed our check in since you stayed with us, to make it easier for everyone.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

In May/June 2013 I've stayed twice at Kiwis Nest, once by myself and once with my husband & 2 teenage students. The booking process was handled efficiently. The front entrance way, with leadlight windows, homely carpet and warmth from the wood fire is welcoming. Steve was the perfect host who was well-informed with local knowledge of Dunedin. The bedrooms, kitchens and bathrooms had a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness. During one of my stays, Dunedin had a heavy snow fall however it was still cosy and warm inside Kiwis Nest. Kiwis Nest is within easy walking distance to cafes, shops, university and 'studentville.' Thus it's convenient location allowed our teenage students to walk to town and my husband and I to visit our sons who are studying at uni. I had easy walking access to libraries to advance my own post-graduate study. When I visit my sons again, I'm sure to return to Kiwi's Nest, a home away from home!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LindaB398
Jeremy H, Owner at Kiwis Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Thank you, have passed your kind review onto everyone who helps here.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Fantastic place to stay, eat and be close to all Dunedin's northern attractions. We moved on from the coast and found Kiwi an ideal transition place. The fitness center is an attraction and the rooms are very nice and well kept. A great meal and restful sleep as well. Can see why it is rated widely as good value.

Room Tip: Pretty much any room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank DJ S
Jeremy H, Owner at Kiwis Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thanks for your kind comments, much appreciated.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Lovely place to stay, with University of Otago and city centre close by.
I got an en-suite room, which was clean and spacious, with a TV, boiler, instant coffee and tea and towels included. You can also get an ironing board if you ask. There are 2 kitchens free for all customers to use, but I didn't.
You get a free wifi allowance everyday, which is enough for emails, facebook etc.
The staff is lovely and very hepful. I would recommend this place !

Room Tip: Room 1 has its own door I believe.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Zebra2806
Jeremy H, Owner at Kiwis Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Clean, friendly and great value. As it is very close to the University campus it is an ideal place for distance students who are visiting the University. Single rooms have a desk and it is only 5 min walk to the Library. There is a comfortable heating system with water heated radiators heated by a cosy central wood fire.

• Stayed: April 2013