“Great place for a large group”
Review of Kiwis Nest

Kiwis Nest
Ranked #8 of 61 Hotels in Dunedin
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed at Kiwis Nest with a large school group for four nights.
Rooms were comfortable and clean and there was plenty of hot water for showers .
The staff were helpful from the outset - arranging rooms to suit our needs, answering queries and taking receipt of our large grocery order.
There was someone in attendance at all times and staff went out of their way to assist in anyway possible.
Thanks Steve, Nicki,Jacqui and Jeremy for making our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: The self contained apartment next to the kitchen is excellent if you are cooking for a large group...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Jeremy H, Owner at Kiwis Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review, have passed on your thanks to Steve, Jacqui and Nicky.
Also well done on gaining a Silver medal in your competition.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Very clean and friendly, lovely atmosphere. The only drawback was groups of people walking up the street talking very loudly, very late into the night, woke up several times from that. If you are a light sleeper, look for a room that faces away from the street.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank kiwikindl
Jeremy H, Owner at Kiwis Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Thanks for you review, we have been double glazing windows as time permits. I think your stay may have coincided with student re-orientation week and the " Paint Party" at the new Stadium. Sorry for the noisy night.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Stayed for one night in a self contained room with en suite. Lots of charm, could have stayed for a week in this comfortable little place, well located withan endless array of restaurants, pubs and cafes close by. Friendly staff and very clean at a reasonable price.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Glenysperth
Jeremy H, Owner at Kiwis Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, much appreciated.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Good! That's it! Or else I won't pay a 2nd visit :) Super friendly host and relaxing environment!
There's a lady and a man who's like staying at the hostel 24/7, ready to help you out for anything!

My first visit was during the winter. The weather was cold, but the hot water shower was awesome. We stayed in a family room with a small TV inside, closets, basin, small table, mirror, and a big heater. It was a big room even for 4 persons. Good garden view. Another great thing is they really keep the place warm 24/7 even during winter time. Thumbs up for that.

Not to miss the convenience shop which is just opposite the road for the ice cream!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bell N
Jeremy H, Owner at Kiwis Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review, hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Having squeezed Dunedin into my tight itinerary, I only stayed for 1 night at single room (shared facilities). Wish I stayed longer. It was warm and welcoming, with super friendly host who made me felt at home; very important when you're traveling solo. My room has big windows overlooking the main street; but not noisy at all. The furniture in my room looked rather old but very clean. Toilets & showers (there are several around the house) are all very clean. Very cozy living room and pantry inside the main house; and I did enjoy the kitchen on the connecting building (but not during the rain). They got everything you need (including PC and local phone calls) and the location is perfect, near to everything and it's all flat street here, no uphill. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Dhani H
Jeremy H, Owner at Kiwis Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Hi There , thanks for your review. We have been upgrading furniture tv's etc as time and money permits.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We sort of stumbled into here because we had some mistake with our booking and we took really long with the check-in but the staff was so friendly and helped us a lot. She gave us a private room with more than 4 beds I think and we had 4 person. Well located with parking(not many though). The room was so clean and nearly perfect after some unpleasant experience previously.

Will I return? yes definitely. it is almost a home and thank you so much for the hospitality

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank angExplorer
Jeremy H, Owner at Kiwis Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Thanks for your review, we have changed our check in since you stayed with us, to make it easier for everyone.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

In May/June 2013 I've stayed twice at Kiwis Nest, once by myself and once with my husband & 2 teenage students. The booking process was handled efficiently. The front entrance way, with leadlight windows, homely carpet and warmth from the wood fire is welcoming. Steve was the perfect host who was well-informed with local knowledge of Dunedin. The bedrooms, kitchens and bathrooms had a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness. During one of my stays, Dunedin had a heavy snow fall however it was still cosy and warm inside Kiwis Nest. Kiwis Nest is within easy walking distance to cafes, shops, university and 'studentville.' Thus it's convenient location allowed our teenage students to walk to town and my husband and I to visit our sons who are studying at uni. I had easy walking access to libraries to advance my own post-graduate study. When I visit my sons again, I'm sure to return to Kiwi's Nest, a home away from home!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LindaB398
Jeremy H, Owner at Kiwis Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Thank you, have passed your kind review onto everyone who helps here.