“Great in all ways”
Review of 97 Motel Moray

97 Motel Moray
Ranked #42 of 61 Hotels in Dunedin
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We stayed as a couple, for only one night, but location perfect, close to most attractions, like octagon and the cadbury factory. Rooms cery comfortable and clean. No street noise which was a bonus for where it was located. Friendly service.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed three nights in Dunedin and this hotel is right behind the Octagon and it has free parking

It's very central the rooms are big well appointed and clean

The view isn't much it's a car park but did I mention it's central and had free parking

You can walk to all the attractions we went to cadbury world which was fun but you only get the tour of the factory during the week

There is a farmers market by the railway on Saturday morning and a supermarket about two streets away It's a big Countdown

We went to the Fortune Theatre which is about two doors away and saw a great NZ play the Motor Camp which was hilarious

We ate in two restaurants Scotia which is around the corner and amazing Scottish inspired food try the Scottish fry up mmmmm

The Asian and fashion Chinese also down the street was nice

We also did the penisicula tour to see the albatross and the penguins we booked it via the tourist board

The only bad thing I could say about Dunedin was the rudeness of the gallery owner next to the tourist board as we stood by his doorway waiting on our tour he came out and asked us to move as in his words it wasn't a bus stop in the 15 minutes we stood there not one person went in his gallery and I could see why strange how one person can behave in this way oh well

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Excelent location, just a few meters away from the Octagon.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tirso M
Reviewed 10 September 2011

We booked one night at start of rugby world cup. Room was in main block on level 3. We didn't expect much from the look of the place but were pleasantly surprised by our room. It overlooked the garden. The bathroom was relatively new. Decor elsewhere not to our taste and some of the furniture tired and outdated and not in keeping with the recent upgrade of room decor but it was clean, comfortable and had all we needed. Car parking available onsite. Location is right in the middle of the city.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank MissBossyBoots
Reviewed 3 September 2011

The location was perfect as we were attending our son's 21st at The Speights Ale House we were within easy walking distance. The Octagon was also very close.
Car parking was terrible. You just took what you could get. If there were no parks when you arrived you had to double park or park in areas where your vehicle could easily be hit. I feel that each unit should have been given a designated car park number. We stayed in room 119. The hallway you walked down to get to the room was very dingy. The room decor was dated and felt claustrophobic. The bathroom was nice but very cold. The shower ran hot and cold.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NZLindaAnne
Reviewed 17 August 2011

In a great location and very reasonably priced so perhaps shouldn't be too critical . First impression - " Have I got the wrong Motell"? - My room was in a large featureless/ characterless and dated building next to one shown in their advertising. There were four floors but some rooms appeared to be semi permanent lodgings and nothing to do with Motel. At night I didn't feel very safe making my way to my room.
My room was clean and comfortable with well stocked kitchenette area and ensuite. The heater had been put on before my arrival and was much appreciated. However, the TV was old with poor quality picture and intermittently , no colour. WIFI access only available if I took my lap top down to ground floor ( my room on 3rd floor) . Card key locked me out of my room on 3 occasions.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank spainoNz
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Loved the everything about this motel, we werent expecting much as the price was very reasonable and we were very pleasantly surprised. Nice quiet room, comfy bed, great shower too..

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family