This was the last place we stayed at on a 19 day drive from the North (Bay of Islands) to South Island. Great way to finish our trip after quite few disappointments a long the way. We had a warm and friendly greeting upon arrival (even the cat came out to say hi) and were escorted to a very inviting room. The word "luxury" is used in the hotels description and well justified. The room was spacious and very well appointed. Some of the best furnishings we'd seen. Big screen TV with satellite stations... great for the Sochi Games. We had a balcony with a view and it was well positioned to walk to restaurants etc. Free parking was included and a free allowance (200mbs I think) for the internet.
The icing on the cake were the two luxury dressing gowns!
It wasn't on the cheap side but compared to what we'd stayed in through out NZ it was worth it.
Would stay here again... definitely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bluestone is a small property owned and operated by its owners who take personal care in every aspect of the business to ensure our guests have a pleasant experience. Bluestone has studio rooms suitable for the single and couple travellers, or business clients, and is not a family orientated property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bluestone on George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluestone On George Dunedin
- Bluestone On George Hotel Dunedin