This plush upmarket B and B is right in the heart of Dunedin’s main street and is easy to find. From the moment you walk through the front door you’ll know you are in the right place. It’s like stepping into a page of Vogue Living. It’s new, fresh, clean and classy. The rooms are uniquely decorated to the highest standard with the very best of fabrics, plush towels and pillows. Accessorised beautifully and finished with the very finest cosmetics in the bathroom. The bluestone colour scheme is simply stunning. The rooms are light filled, comfortable with a super big bathroom and oversized spa bath. The balconies are quaint and offer a beautiful view over Dunedin. The kitchenette would be great for a longer stay and was fully stocked with everything you’d need including a full mini bar. The reception staff ( husband and wife managing couple I suspect) were extremely helpful with restaurant options, holding baggage and booking our airport shuttle collection, which incidentally is $20 NZ per person. The service is good and comes right to the front door. (It’s either shuttle or a $70 taxi fare to airport which is around 35mins away) The car park is just 5 metres from reception also. You can walk everywhere from this most central address. My only regret was, that we were only there 3 nights. Dunedin’s City Centre has many many great restaurants and cafes, all of which we sampled. It’s a fun city although nights were really cold so bring your woolies. Shopping was brilliant, and we enjoyed having the car and being able to get out of town. I loved walking the Botanical Gardens also.
Can’t imagine there’s any better address than this place. Would highly recommend, its really beautiful and smells so good too, the minute the doors open at reception. A 10 out of 10 for our perfect stay!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bluestone is a small property owned and operated by its owners who take personal care in every aspect of the business to ensure our guests have a pleasant experience. Bluestone has studio rooms suitable for the single and couple travellers, or business clients, and is not a family orientated property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Bluestone on George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluestone On George Dunedin
- Bluestone On George Hotel Dunedin