We booked the Bluestone on the basis on TripAdvisor reviews, and we certainly were not disappointed. I was a little worried by a George Street location, as it can be busy, but the property is situated well back from the road and does not suffer from road noise.
We were checked in by one of the owners, who was very friendly and efficient, and shown the comfortable guest lounge facility and then on to our room. The room was reasonably spacious, tastefully decorated, and well equipped with items like a CD/DVD player. The bathroom was very nice, with heated floor and a fantastic bath (although the over-bath shower was a little awkward). The in-room internet system was a little bizarre, but once set up it worked fine - this would be one area to improve upon to impress business travellers.
Overall this is a well designed, well maintained and comfortable place to stay. Although probably most suited to business travellers, I would recommend the Bluestone to anyone looking for a comfortable stay and excellent value in Dunedin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bluestone is a small property owned and operated by its owners who take personal care in every aspect of the business to ensure our guests have a pleasant experience. Bluestone has studio rooms suitable for the single and couple travellers, or business clients, and is not a family orientated property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bluestone on George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluestone On George Dunedin
- Bluestone On George Hotel Dunedin