“Fabulous lunch - regularly visit”
Review of India Garden

India Garden
Ranked #113 of 394 Restaurants in Dunedin
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to India Garden Authentic Indian Cuisine and enjoy the ultimate experience in fine India dining. We have been serving the people from Dunedin with superb traditional Indian Cuisine since 2003. The relaxed, friendly atmosphere of our restaurants together with excellent service is something we take great pride in. We serve Both North and South Indian food so you can really enjoy the genuine flavours. For centuries Indian people have perfected the skill with spices to transform often materials to ambro-sia. The use of spices however does not mean they are used in vast amounts, nor does it mean that all Indian food is extremely hot and spicy, as many believe. The dishes can be as hot or as mild as the individual chooses, since this is a matter of personal taste. Our chefs have many years experience in home style Indian cooking and they share our desire to give you a mean you will remember. So sit back and relax, while we folks at India Garden make your dining experience .
Reviewed 11 August 2016

This is a fave of ours and we love the quality, price and taste of the lunch deals. The thali is just amazing comprising of 7 elements (you choose the meat, sauce and naan)and the rest of the meal is standard. Piping hot, full of flavour and large portions. You would not leave unsatisfied. Not sure about the evening prices but there is a Wednesday evening deal and I would be pretty sure it is competitive for central Dunedin. Yum!

2  Thank LondonKarenH

Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

Went in this restaurant many times ! Great service, extremely nice staff and fantastic food ! They also offer some take away option and have a great deal every Wednesday night ! Keep it up like this !

Reviewed 23 February 2016

One of my favourite lunch haunts in the centre of Dunedin. They offer incredibly good value set menus, usually based on a 'thali', the Indian stainless-steel dish with a selection of curries, rice, bread and condiments. I always get a lamb vindaloo thali, which gives you a pile of fluffy rice, the vindaloo curry, plus potato curry and some dal. You also get a couple of wonderful light freshly baked naan breads, and popadums. It's a bit too hearty for summer eating, fabulous on a chilly Dunedin winter day, but even in summer I need my Indian hit every now and again. Nice prompt service, and the entire lunch is only $10. It has to be the best value and most delicious lunch in the southern hemisphere.

3  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 28 January 2016

We enjoyed our food at Indian Garden a lot. We had samosas, a paneer curry and malai Kofta, which was all very nice, just too bad that the samosas came after the mains. Also we would have loved to get a Thali, which they dont do in the evening.

Reviewed 29 October 2015 via mobile

I'm new to Dunedin and I was craving a mean as curry so I jumped on trip advisor to see whats around, and when I got back home from ordering off the friendly staff, and wow I was amazed one of the best butter chickens I've had. I definitely will be going back!